Catheletic Supporters Week of Jan. 5

workoutaholic

Cathlete
Posting early. Hi ladies, eating was ok today, could have been much better. I ate half a sundae and made myself throw away the other half. However, today was not supposed to be a cheat day!

I am going to start posting my meals in our check-ins. Hopefully that will make me more accountable. How are you guys!

Let's keep at it girls! We can do it!

first it was a banana

and then it was a brownie. Demolished in seconds. ugh. I think i may be sick.

dagnabit, and I was doing so well. I was listening to Sandra Ahten about rethinking my addiction to carbs/sweets/sugars and she is an alcoholic who has gone through AA. I did not know this little saying, they say in AA that one drink is one too many and 10,000 drinks is not enough. I wonder if I'm that way with the sweet stuff. After all I did not enjoy that brownie. Not enough. I'm not going back for more (disgusted) but maybe I'm that person. Certainly, I may need to treat it that way until I'm at my goal weight. shoot.:(

RB, that's me, definitely. It wasn't so bad before I got pregnant in 2006. But while I was pregnant, I was miserable. I had stomach/nausea issues the whole 9 months pretty much, and didn't sleep well, blah blah, and used food to make myself feel much better. We're talking whole boxes of brownies and such. And then I had a colicky baby who didn't sleep and food made it better with that, too. Some women handle that stuff ok I guess, but I didn't. Like I don't even want any more kids because the thought of all that just makes me depressed again.

Well now I've got an 18 month old and I'm back to normal, but those habits I developed are very hard to break. It's exactly as you said...1 brownie is too much, 10,000 is not enough. I should stop eating it all together, but the though of never enjoying that kind of stuff actually makes me anxious. Pretty bad, huh? Well, BFFM helps tremendously, and I keep telling myself that it really will be a struggle, every day, until maybe later when my habits are changed so much that it won't be. My Chalean Extreme motivational CD is great, too!

Here's my food for today:

M1: Egg/tomato/feta cz omelet
M2: Shredded wheat/1% milk/0.5 banana
M3: Chicken caesar salad w/croutons
M4: 1 cup 2% cottage cz, 1 cup Amy's organic black bean/veggie soup (did not like that - ew)
M5: 2 slices light WW bread, 1 tbs nat. PB, 1.5 tbs all-fruit jam
Extras: 2 tbs. creamer in my coffee, 1 10 calorie jello cup while i was fighting the sweets cravings
Calories/Fat%/Carb%/Protein%: 1564/30.7%/43.1%/26.4%

Not terrible, hopefully I won't eat anything else tonight!

Hi all,

I have been eating well, lots more vegetables. I have unoffically started weight watchers. I say unoffically because I did not join a class but am using the old books and etc that I have. It helped me lose weight before - then I got pregnant and here we are again!

Murph

Want to move the threads?

Would you guys like to move to the Check-ins/Challenges board? It would make it feel a little more check-iny to me and maybe we can motivate some people to join us there, too.

Good going Murphy, that's what I always have a harder time incorporating...veggies. I usually do pretty good with fruit.

My SIL has lost 60 pounds using WW and she is still losing. Good luck!

Will post my food later today after dinner. Yesterday did CLX Burn Circuit 1 and today Burn it off. I think I'll do some abs later.

ETA: Well it's 9:30 and I forgot all about doing abs! Oh well, here's my food for the day. Why am I sitting here still hungry after all this?

M1: Old fashioned oatmeal w/1 cup 1% milk & 1/2 banana
M2: Smoothie: 1 cup frozen blueberries, 1 cup 1% milk, scoop protein powder, 1 tbs. nat. PB
M3: Egg/tomato/feta cz omelet
M4: 3 oz. raw carrots, 2 tbs light ranch, 1 cup 2% cottage cz
M5: 1 cup cauliflower, 1/2 cup cooked smart taste pasta, 5 oz. shrimp scampi
Extras: 2 tbs. creamer in my coffee, 3 small bites of my kid's fiber 1 poptart (that was very hard to stop eating)
Calories/Fat%/Carb%/Protein%: 1640/31%/44.5%/28.9%

Last edited:
Hi all,

I am doing well on my eating but slacking off, once again on my exercise. I do feel better getting more veggies. I need to start adding in more fruit.

Workoutaholic - I am open to the idea of moving to the check-in/challenges board. I am pretty flexible on these matters.

Murp

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.