Cathe, why is CTX laid out the way it is?

I just wondered why the strength portion wasn't ahead of the cardio portion. Is there a strategy you had in mind?

I only ask because most people I've talked to prefer to do their strength training first, to retain good form and go heavier. It's hard to do that after getting winded from the cardio.

Thanks for such consistently awesome videos. You are my strength hero. :-cool

I'm not Cathe.....it is probably going to be pretty hard to chat with her these days.She is busy making our new videos...hipeee
I don't know what strategy she has in mind but I always find that I can go heavier after I do cardio.It is like all of my muscle are already warmed up,as warmed up as they are going to get.And I find it easier to lift.But that is just me, everyone is different.
I have also heard that lifting before cardio burns more fat.But I don't know how much truth is behind that one.
Just my 2 cents.
Lori

I agree with Lorihart.

I have read that some people find it easier to do weight work first then cardio after. I have tried both methods and have found little difference to my workout. I still find it very challenging I guess I prefer cardio then weights because I know my muscles are really warm and ready to work and I am still sweating.

I guess the key would be to find out what works best for you what brings the best results the quickest and stick with that.

There is no real magic answer, it is just what works for you.

Babs

Well, I'm not Cathe either but my impression is that CTX is really an endurance workout. So there is an endurance aspect to going into the high rep, no rests weights sets still a little winded from the cardio...she even says "we're going to cool down-but not too much, we've still got shoulders/back/etc. to do".

JMHO!!

Christine

I'd also like to see a weights-first, followed by cardio workout. Maybe Cathe can do a CTX 2 next time around?

One reason why she may have chosen the cardio-then-weights option is because the cardio is used as a warm-up for the weight work. Of course, if you have a DVD player, you can switch the order of the workouts quite easily (but still have to do a warm-up).

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.