Cathe Step on Carpet?

jdbmga

Cathlete
Is it possible to do Cathe step on carpet? I used to do step at the gym so I've never done step on carpet. My workout area is on the second floor. Carpeting over plywood. Will my feet get stuck too often to do Cathe's choreography easily?

I have done ALL of Cathe's workouts on carpet! And I have no problem at all with step. I'll be honest and say in the new Kickmax, there is a turning move I cannot do, so I stay forward. But I have most all of her workouts and have had no problem on carpet...:)...Carole

If you do run into trouble on just the carpet, you can also get some floor mats and put those down when you work out. I think a few people here have done that. Search for "floor mats" or "puzzle mats" and you'll find a ton of suggestions.

I use (cheap!) puzzle mats on my old (rental) hardwood, but I can't pivot well on them. Don't care much, though, as I'm saving my knees!!

I do step on carpet and I don't have any problems with the routines. I do however have a problem with the rubber from the top of the step getting on my shoes, then on my carpet. My carpet is lighter and it always looks disgusting because of the rubber from the step.

I'm not sure puzzle mats over my carpet would work very well. It is a thick pile and I am afraid the mats would move too much. Also, I am concerned about having to put them down and pick them up everytime I workout.

I do find hi-lo difficult on the carpet. I think the carpet creates a lot of "drag" and makes some of the moves harder. Also, on some of the Cathe's high impact moves, it is hard to get any height, partially because I am a wimp, and partially because of the drag of the carpet.

I use a no-pile childs play area rug (4'x6', sold at Home Depot) on top of my carpet. It does move around some during long hi-lo routines so I adjust it every 5 minutes or so. I don't have any foot drag issues with it but I am careful with pivot moves. To put it away, I just roll it up and throw it behind the sofa.

I did all my workouts on carpet for years (many :)) until I started using puzzle mats a couple of years ago!

Jo

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.