Cathe, SNM!! Is music volume supposed to be this low?

Status
Not open for further replies.
RE: Cathe, SNM!! Is music volume supposed to be this l...

FYI: Sound fluctuations are probably the most reported problem we have with all of our DVDs. This is also the easiest problem to fix as there is virtually no way for a defective DVD to cause a sound problem of this type. Instead sound fluctuations can be caused by several factors:

#1 Not having your DVD player set to PCM. There are mainly 3 types of ways to encode audio files on a DVD. We encode AC3 audio files because this offers the highest and best quality of sound. But if you don't have your player set to PCM you will have problems.

#2 Don't use the audio enhanced mode. This will cause the music to vocal ratio to be distorted and may come off sounding like the volume is going up and down.

#3 Your set up between your player and TV. The most common problem is having only one audio jack hooked up. You need both since we record in stereo. There can be all kinds of other set up problems if you run your player through your VCR.

#4 Playing a DVD on a computer. Most computers have a DVD player nowadays, but there is a difference between a "DVD player" and a "DVD Video player" All stand alone DVD players are "DVD Video" players and have to meet all the standards established. With computers this is not the case. However, with most computers you can download a new drivers or new player software that will solve your problem. If you’re using an old operating system this may be more complicated as AC3e audio files may not be supported.
:)

I have noticed that I can hear the stepping in imax 3 and in low max a bit also. Cathe's cues are a bit louder and the music is a bit lower in these two. I have not observed this in the other dvd's in the series. I have made the changes that SNM suggested and it has not helped a great deal. I still enjoy the workouts and am very pleased with the Hardcores in general it just seems that the sound quality is different in the low max and imax 3 workouts. I don't want this to be taken so much as a complaint but rather more as an observation. I hope that SNM will offer the music louder option on the next series.

RE: Cathe, SNM!! Is music volume supposed to be this l...

>Bottom line, there is nothing wrong with these DVD's and we
>should just move on. If you want to keep complaining, you
>can, but from the posts I have read people with their correct
>audio setups at home, are not having problems. Most of the
>complaints seem to be from persons with older model TV's.
>
>JMHO

Well, you would be wrong, then. You are jumping to inappropriate conclusions and implying that the majority of us having problems don't know how to set up our audio systems "correctly". I have a state of the art sound system in my living room--complete with Sony Dolby Digital dts receiver, 5 Bose Ascoustimass 15 surround sound speakers, 2 subwoofers, 52" Panasonic TV, and brand new Phillips DVD player--and these DVDs still sound too low on my system. As a matter of fact, they don't play any better on that setup than they do my cheapie setup--19" TV (which, while it is an inexpensive model, is BRAND new), super cheap DVD player, no extra speakers--in my workout room. And yes, I have adjusted the audio settings for PCM as suggested.

For you to suggest that we should "just move on" is a bit condescending. I'm glad the DVDs play great on your system. But it isn't fair to those of us who are having issues. In addition, I have watched DVDs such as The Matrix, Lord of the Rings, etc. on BOTH systems and they have NO sound issues at all--they sound great. Music to speaking voice ratio is perfect. Why is it that SNM's "advanced" technology is having issues that The Matrix and LOTR DVDs don't have?

We're now going to lock this thread before things deteriorate further. Please remember this is the Ask Cathe forum, not the open discussion forum. Also, if you have an issue or a problem it is always best to contact customer support at [email protected]. Also, we welcome all feedback whether it is positive or negative, however we expect a certain amount of civility on our forums.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.