Cathe Sliding discs on tile floors?

Vee

Cathlete
Has anyone used the sliding discs on tile floors? I live in a tropical couny and my home is carpet free with tile flooring in the workout area.

Thank you very much.

Do hand towels work for just strength moves, or also for the kind of stuff in slide and glide cardio?

Vee:

can you find a way to tie the towel around the foot? I would be careful doing the cardio moves, jumping jacks, so your foot doesn't fall off or you don't go skidding all over the floor, doing an inadvertent splits!

But, the towels follow the same principle as the fabric covers for Cathe's sliding discs: the same thing exactly. At half the price!

Clare

Vee said:
Thank you very much.

Do hand towels work for just strength moves, or also for the kind of stuff in slide and glide cardio?

I use them for everything. Just make the fabric small enough that your heel can still hang off the back and hit the floor if you need to brake. I did this for years with Tracie Long's functional training DVDs. She used towels in those herself.

Thanks Clare! Thanks Natalie!

I dont like collecting equipment. I am going to give the towels a try this weekend.

:)

I work out on tile and started with car wash mits that you put your hands in - probably the same as towels and they worked great. One thing I just noticed today with my Cathe discs is that since it is really humid right now, they were sort of sticking to the floor. I'm not sure if it was the floor or the fabric that was affected by the humid weather but I definitely noticed a difference. It was like when you slide over some sweat drops but I know it was the humidity because it was the entire floor. Anyway, just thought I'd mention that in case you are in a humid climate. And if anyone has a solution to this, please let me know! I'm in So. California so not really used to humidity. :)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.