Cathe rotation to do after STS/Shock Cardio?

cocob1

Cathlete
I'm open to ideas to help me choose a new rotation to do after finishing Cathe's STS/Shock Cardio 3 1/2 month rotation. I've done STS 3x since last August and have regained tons of strength after having surgery last May when I had to start all over with my workouts.
But .... after finishing the last week of Meso 3/Shock Cardio and taking 5 days of rest I started Cathe's April 2010 rotation. I could only do 4 days this week and I'm beat. I'm dragging. I think it's too soon to add back in heavy weights. Any Cathe monthly rotation suggestions greatly appreciated.
Colleen

Hmmm...I am not an expert in this area, but I am also trying to figure out what to do next after STS/SC for the last 3 1/2 months. I have been thinking it would be fun to do some bootcamp style workouts - LIC, Bootcamp, workouts like these. I also recently got Brazil Butt Lift and I thought I would do these workouts as well.

Hopefully some others will post and we'll get some more ideas.

What I think I may do is buy a TRX system and start working out with this just to really mix it up. But I doubt you want to spend more money or have someone suggest expensive items...so sorry for throwing that out there.

Thanks Mcbeaner for ideas. I don't know the other workout series. I haven't spent money on any thing but Cathe once the "recession" hit our house a few years ago.
I just finished my STS/SC and thought I could jump into Cathe's April rotation with STS Meso 3 weights. Nope. 4 days later I was achey and extremely tired. Now it could be that instead of taking 7 days of rest I really only took 3. When will I learn? That rest week throws me every time. I feel lazy and unmotivated if I don't workout every day and walking bores me to tears.
I found Cathe's March 2010 rotation and started today with Muscle Endurance after taking 3 more days off. It was tough for me. I could do 85% of the weight Cathe and crew were doing. I used to be able to match them # for #.
I tore my supraspinatus tendon last year and had surgery for repair and removal of a bone spur on May 19th. For once :eek: I'm listening to my body and backing off now when I feel extreme fatigue. I had to be humbled to learn to listen to my body.
Now I have to find out what a TRX system is. :cool: I love learning from everyone here on the forum.

Colleen - Have you looked into Turbulence Training? It's a body weight workout that uses circuits and just your body weight. It's only 3 days a week and you do interval work for cardio. The website is turbulencetraining.com and you can also pull up some videos of the workouts on YouTube to check it out.

Edited to add: I know you were looking for Cathe rotations, but thought this might interest you as well! I'm not familiar enough with Cathe's rotations to suggest one of those!

Last edited:
I'm going to check out Turbulence Training ASAP. It sounds very interesting ... especially with summer coming up, DS being out of school and maybe some vacation road trips.
Sometimes no equipment is perfect. That's why I loved the HiiT Cardio's. No gear to drag out and yet I got a darn good cardio workout.

If you want an awesome no equipment cardio work out buy the Insanity program!

If you want to focus on weights still then definitely go endurance for a while IMO.

Enjoy whatever it is that you decide to do!:)

He's posted some free TT workouts. Try to find those. If you can't find them, PM me.

I'm going to check out Turbulence Training ASAP. It sounds very interesting ... especially with summer coming up, DS being out of school and maybe some vacation road trips.
Sometimes no equipment is perfect. That's why I loved the HiiT Cardio's. No gear to drag out and yet I got a darn good cardio workout.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.