Cathe, re: Hurricane Katrina...

JerseyCurl

Cathlete
Cathe-
Hi, I was wondering if there was a way that you or your team at SNM Videos can help to set up something here on the site that would raise money for the Hurricane Katrina relief? Maybe you could have a drawing for everybody that donates and the winner could win a dvd of their choice or something. I something like this on tv where some Baseball team was doing this and the winner got free tickets to the game. Let me know what you think. Thanks and take care.}(

I don't think people should or need to be bribed in order to do the right thing. Cathe/SNM don't need to set up relief efforts. If people want to give, you can go straight to www.redcross.org and give a donation. There are other relief organizations, too.

>I don't think people should or need to be bribed in order to
>do the right thing. Cathe/SNM don't need to set up relief
>efforts. If people want to give, you can go straight to
>www.redcross.org and give a donation. There are other relief
>organizations, too.
I respect your opinion but the communication was directed to Cathe/SNM and not you.

There are already so many relief funds set up, I don't think another one is really a good idea. It is easier for the relief agencies to coordinate their resources when the donations are consolidated.
There's the Red Cross, Second Harvest, Salvation Army, Goodwill, the Humane Society, DirectRelief, Catholic Charities, Islamic Relief, United Jewish Communities, and many, many more.

Also, the SNM staff is already so busy with the new DVDs and whatever the big announcement is, I wouldn't want to burden them with the responsibility of setting up and administering a fund. That's a lot of work!

Now, if you want to donate to a fund in the name of Cathe/SNM that's a nice thought. :)

Hi Jersey Curl! I sure wish I could take on one more thing but I simply can't. But I sure don't want that to deter your from donating to Red Cross. They sure could use every little bit. My husband and I are going to donate too. Take Care!

>Hi Jersey Curl! I sure wish I could take on one more thing
>but I simply can't. But I sure don't want that to deter your
>from donating to Red Cross. They sure could use every little
>bit. My husband and I are going to donate too. Take Care!
Hubby and I have already donated but I just felt more needed to be done but I totally understand that you are too busy right now. The point is that we all need to do our part and help. If you haven't donated then do so as soon as you can.
How To Help Hurricane Victims

FEMA lists the following agencies as needing
monetary donations to assist hurricane victims:

• American Red Cross
1-800-HELP NOW (435-7669) English
1-800-257-7575 Spanish

• Operation Blessing
1-800-436-6348

• America’s Second Harvest
1-800-344-8070

• Adventist Community Services
1-800-381-7171

• Catholic Charities, USA
703 549-1390

• Christian Disaster Response
941-956-5183 or 941-551-9554

• Christian Reformed World Relief Committee
1-800-848-5818

• Church World Service
1-800-297-1516

• Convoy of Hope
417-823-8998

• Lutheran Disaster Response
800-638-3522

• Mennonite Disaster Service
717-859-2210

• Nazarene Disaster Response
888-256-5886

• Presbyterian Disaster Assistance
800-872-3283

• Salvation Army
1-800-SAL-ARMY (725-2769)

• Southern Baptist Convention -- Disaster Relief
1-800-462-8657, ext. 6440

• United Methodist Committee on Relief
1-800-554-8583
PETCO-
Hurricane Katrina Emergency "Round Up" Fundraiser
During an emergency "Round Up" fundraiser now through September 11, 2005, each time you make a purchase at a PETCO store, we'll ask you to Round Up your purchase to the next highest dollar - and we will donate that difference to the PETCO Foundation. All proceeds go to the PETCO Foundation to support animal welfare disaster relief needs within the Gulf Coast region. Or make an online donation to the PETCO Foundation now.

The Round Up fundraiser may be extended depending on the need and the amount raised. The PETCO Foundation has already provided more than $100,000 worth of assistance to animal welfare agencies in the wake of last year's hurricanes. The PETCO Foundation assists with Disaster Response teams from the Humane Society of the United States and the American Humane Association to address the critical animal needs created by the recent weather events. Together we will make a difference.

http://www.redcross.org/index.html

Here's another website with recommendations on where to donate.

http://www.fema.gov/

I agree that it is best to donate to organizations that are set up for this type of thing. The Red Cross and other groups are used to this work and can get goods and service where they are most needed quickly.

Jersey Curl, I just love the picture on you ID. I had 2 male, gray stripped tiger cats and they loved to curl up together like that. Sadly, I only have 1 cat now.

Michele

>Here's another website with recommendations on where to
>donate.
>
>http://www.fema.gov/
>
>I agree that it is best to donate to organizations that are
>set up for this type of thing. The Red Cross and other groups
>are used to this work and can get goods and service where they
>are most needed quickly.
>
>Jersey Curl, I just love the picture on you ID. I had 2 male,
>gray stripped tiger cats and they loved to curl up together
>like that. Sadly, I only have 1 cat now.
>
>Michele
Thanks for posting the link. Sorry to hear about your cat. I too lost a cat last November. My new babies, Adam and Elina came into hubby and my life shortly after that. They were 3 months old. They just turned 1 a couple of weeks ago. They are adorable and I looooooove them. What is your baby's name?

Hi Jersey Curl,

My kitty is called Johnny. The one who died was Franky. They were strays that I adopted when they were very teeny tiny. They were dropped off at my vet's office when they were about 3 weeks old. Anyway, Franky took ill rather suddenly then went downhill quickly. My vet couldn't figure out what was wrong with him and sent us to Ohio State University. Sadly, we had to leave him overnight and he died there. They were never able to determine what was wrong but they thought it looked like toxoplasmosis. Surprising, since my boys were totally indoor cats. The vet said it's rare but can happen--he was probably infected as a little kitten and it was just dormant. Johnny is fine though and is a constant source of joy. thanks for asking.

Michele

>Hi Jersey Curl,
>
>My kitty is called Johnny. The one who died was Franky. They
>were strays that I adopted when they were very teeny tiny.
>They were dropped off at my vet's office when they were about
>3 weeks old. Anyway, Franky took ill rather suddenly then went
>downhill quickly. My vet couldn't figure out what was wrong
>with him and sent us to Ohio State University. Sadly, we had
>to leave him overnight and he died there. They were never able
>to determine what was wrong but they thought it looked like
>toxoplasmosis. Surprising, since my boys were totally indoor
>cats. The vet said it's rare but can happen--he was probably
>infected as a little kitten and it was just dormant. Johnny is
>fine though and is a constant source of joy. thanks for
>asking.
>
>Michele
Awww, I bet little Johnny gets a whole lot of lovin' from his Mommy!
}(

Hi Julie,

I love Samaritans purse. I routinely donate to them. Thanks for listing it. I did as well on a couple of different threads.

Michele

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.