Cathe... Push/Pull Supersets advice needed...

ukcharlatans

Cathlete
Hi Cathe!

I didn't know if I should email this question to you or post it on the boards. I know you are probably on overload right now with all the new projects you have going! The announcements about your DVDs/Roadtrip (eventhough I didn't sign up in time!) is all very exciting! The roadtrip last year, was a blast :)

I have, hopefully, a simple but important question. I consider myself a pretty advanced exceriser. I use all of your weight workouts through varying roatations. However, I have not been able to fully utilize the supersets/push-pull videos. I've heard wonderful thigns about them, but never feel fully worked out when I use them. I have a hard time going any heavier with proper form (because of things like the stability ball and different type of movements).

Can you give me an idea of how to properly use these workouts in an advanced rotation. Should I use a third total body workout (such as Muscle Endurance or Power Hour- I'm using Muscle Max now, so that wouldn't be apart of my next rotation) Or should I repeat and use each workout twice in one week? I'd love to also include Legs and Glutes (maybe could switch it up with Butts and Guts?) in there-- haven't used that one in ages. I'm so used to the need for "heavier weight" workouts.

Please let me know the best way to compliment/use these workouts. I would like to try something new but don't want to lose strength or waste time.

Susan

Hi Susan,

I am not going to interfere with your question to Cathe. I just wanted to say that I think this DVD is sooooo underrated. I love doing splits best, but when I want a change I use this DVD with MM. This gives me 3 nice total body sessions.

I've owned this DVD since it first came out, but I never appreciated it as much as in the last couple of years :D .

I hope you hear from Cathe,

jordan

I don't know where to fit these into a Cathe rotation, unless it's a Body Blast rotation...I'm sure Cathe has these in other rotations, but that would be quite a hunting trip!

I've used Supersets and Push Pull in LGI8; also Push Pull is a great shorter full body workout. I agree with Jordan, these are vastly underrated. Because PP is shorter in length I've been able to go pretty heavy and the way Cathe has Supersets designed, you are supposed to go as heavy as you can in that one (maybe not as heavy as say Slow & Heavy). Both are not for the faint of heart!!!

bumping for ya. I hope Cathe answers.

I like to use these DVD's when I want a total body workout and don't have more than an hour. I find I can actually go heavier with Push/pull than supersets.

I know FitnessFreak uses these in her get ready for summer rotation - check it out - it's in the rotations threads.

You might want to try the superset total body blast pre-mix - it's a killer and IMHO, advanced (although my definition of advanced my be quite different from you.

Thanks for the suggestions ladies.

I've come up with a rotation, if you'd like to see it.

However, I'm still hoping Cathe will weigh-in.

Thanks! Im going to check out fitness freaks rotation. I did use the ub and lb blast in the rotation I created.

Hopefully Cathe will chime in.

Hi Susan! I'll miss not seeing you on the roadtrip but glad to hear you had fun on the last one. I remember you and also how excited you were to share with me your inspiring weight loss story :7

As for a push pull/supersets legs glutes butts/guts rotation....

Try This:

Week One:

Monday: Imax 2
Tues: Push Pull
Wed: Step Blast
Thurs: KPC
Fri: Push Pull plus leg conditioning drills from Kick Max
Sat: OFF
Sun: Muscle Endurance

Week Two:

Mon: 45 minute steady state run plus abs from Butts and Guts
Tues: Legs and Glutes
Wed: Off
Thurs: Cardio Kicks
Fri: Super Sets
Sat: Imax 3
Sun: Step, Jump and Pump

Week Three:

Mon: off
Tues: Body Max 2
Wed: Rhythmic Step
Thurs: 45 minute brisk cycle ride with hills plus 10 min Ab Hits
Fri: Legs and Glutes
Sat: Kick Max (take out leg conditioning drills and put in seg #1 Coremax)
Sun: Push Pull

Week Four:

Mon: Off
Tues: Pyramid Upper Body
Wed: Pyramid Lower Body
Thurs: Run 40 minutes plus Seg #2 Coremax
Fri: Step Works
Sat: Supersets
Sun: Imax #1

Have Fun!

Hi Cathe!

I cannot believe you remember me that well from the trip! That is incredible :) Thank you so much for your response and kind words about my journey.

Thank you for the rotation.. I will let you know how it goes.

:)
Susan

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.