Cathe, Protein shakes

Valjane

How do you make your protein shakes, I am always hungry so went back to more protein but Isopure and water isn't exactly tasty. Do you use ice and milk, do you add fruit? thank you, Without sounding sappy I want to thank you for every thing you do for our quest for fitness.

>How do you make your protein shakes, I am always hungry so
>went back to more protein but Isopure and water isn't exactly
>tasty. Do you use ice and milk, do you add fruit? thank you,
>Without sounding sappy I want to thank you for every thing you
>do for our quest for fitness.

I agree - protein powder and water is pretty yucky! I have the BEST "recipe" for you though!! Whenever I have bananas that get a bit over-ripe, I peel them, wrap them up in plastic wrap and stick them in the freezer... then when I want to make a protein shake, I put half a frozen banana, 4 or 5 ice cubes, about a cup of skim milk, a scoop of chocolate flavoured protein powder (I use IsoPro Ultra Low Carb) and one teaspoon of instant coffee granules all in a blender and mix it up - it makes the tastiest chocolate mocha protein shake ever! Sometimes if I have a very light dinner, I have this as "dessert"! The coffee granules are optional of course, but it really adds to the depth/intensity of the flavour (and balances out that overly sweet/fake chocolate taste of the protein powder). Apparently I was a chef in a past life!

You have to try this - it's SO good!

Jo

HTH: I use Myoplex. I prefer the light but I've heard I can split the regular and get two shakes. To add variety, add the fruit, I have frozen in the freezer, add Splenda, cool whip light and 3 nonfat chocolate wafer cookies,6 oz of yogurt. Now I know you know this is not all in one sitting. These are just variations on the same-o-same oll prtoein shake. I use low fat milk also.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.