Cathe or SNM, RT questions

JennieR

Cathlete
Cathe/SNM, what happens if you want to go on the RT with someone and have plans to share a hotel room, but only one of you gets in? Also, is there a reason that you're only having one RT and not two? A friend and I would love to come on the RT this year (neither of us has been) but we'd only want to go if the other one goes.

Hi Jennie. Clearly not Cathe or Chris so I cannot speak to the reason for one and not two RTs. But I can address the hotel room issue. The scenario you raise is exactly the reason you don't book your hotel room until AFTER you register for the RT. First you see if you get in, THEN you make your travel and hotel plans. And actually, we usually don't get all of the specific hotel info until after registration is complete.

Moreover, once registration is complete, many folks start looking for RT roomies, so a bunch of threads will be started then, based on who is a nightowl, early bird, clean, messy, smoker, non-smoker, quiet, loud, etc. The coordinators do a stellar job of giving guidelines for folks to hook up, and all the info you will need to book. Hope that helps a little.

Jennie,

I found my wonderful room mate from the forums last year!! We didn't use the "find a roommate" thead, just started chatting via PM's then e-mails, the phone calls.

NOt only did I have a great time at the RT but made a new wonderful friend!

My advice - both of you be poised at the computer Monday at noon & type as fast as your little fingers will allow!! Take deap breathes & be patient!

Good luck!

Jennie,

I found my wonderful room mate from the forums last year!! We didn't use the "find a roommate" thead, just started chatting via PM's then e-mails, the phone calls.

That's how I met this friend, via P/M. We've become really good friends. Neither of us wants to go without the other.

If only one of you gets in and that person really doesn't want to go without the other, the one who gets in could cancel.....

-Beth

Cathe/SNM, what happens if you want to go on the RT with someone and have plans to share a hotel room, but only one of you gets in? Also, is there a reason that you're only having one RT and not two? A friend and I would love to come on the RT this year (neither of us has been) but we'd only want to go if the other one goes.

Unfortunately, we can only allow one person per sign up. Our online sign up cannot handle two people on the same form as only one invoice number would be generated and this would cause us to overbook the event. Also, we want to give everyone the same chance of coming and this seems to be the fairest policy. There is no perfect system or way of doing the Road trip sign up, but we we feel this is the best of the alternatives.

As for why only one road trip this year... Well' actually last year was the only year we have ever had two road trips. With the state of the economy this year we're just not sure what the demand will be this time, so we decided on just one trip. If the demand exceeds our expectations we might consider another trip at a future date.

Unfortunately, we can only allow one person per sign up. Our online sign up cannot handle two people on the same form as only one invoice number would be generated and this would cause us to overbook the event. Also, we want to give everyone the same chance of coming and this seems to be the fairest policy. There is no perfect system or way of doing the Road trip sign up, but we we feel this is the best of the alternatives.

As for why only one road trip this year... Well' actually last year was the only year we have ever had two road trips. With the state of the economy this year we're just not sure what the demand will be this time, so we decided on just one trip. If the demand exceeds our expectations we might consider another trip at a future date.

Thanks for the explanation SNM. I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for a second RT. :D

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.