Cathe On Demand and Amazon Fire

Hi Roxysam, Cathe OnDemand should work just fine on an Amazon Fire tablet using the built-in web browser, but if you are talking about Fire TV, at the moment there does not seem to be a viable method to view it on those devices. OnDemand requires a web browser, and searching on Amazon's Fire TV app store doesn't show any available with the necessary technologies in place to support our videos. However, there do seem to be apps available that enable streaming from an Android or iOS device to the Fire TV, which could be a possibility for you to investigate.

I guess I'm still a little confused...both Amazon Fire and Roku are streaming media boxes, both allow for Netflix, Hulu, etc., both have ethernet and wi-fi capabilities and they both allow for apps. As I understand Cathe On Demand is an app on Roku, why can't it also be on Amazon Fire? I an not a computer geek by no means but couldn't the Roku app be altered to fit for Amazon Fire?

Hi Roxysam. You are correct that Hulu, Netflix and others are applications written for the particular media boxes, but Fire TV employs Android-based apps, while Roku uses its own proprietary programming language for its apps. The two are not interchangeable and there is no way to take what we developed for Roku and use it on Fire TV. Creating iOS and Android apps are in our future, though, but you would still not be able to put our app onto the Fire TV because it uses Amazon's proprietary app store and not Google's app store. Hope that helps!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.