Cathe newsletter

OA kickboxer

I like the informative articles but I am really getting tired of all the ads for Cathe products that I have to scroll thru. There is no way anyone could buy all those products in any given week. I think she would be better off just featuring a couple products each week. I may have to unsubscribe eventually! Anyone agree?

They don't bother me either. If they were 3rd party ads, then that would bother me.

I'm not sure who puts it together, but it represents quite a bit of work and is one of the FEW emails I look forward to in my inbox.

I love the quality and topics of her articles. I like to read one or two articles a day with my morning coffee :cool:

It is informative & I usually just scroll thru the ads too. I usually read articles from it around lunch time. And I've been eagerly looking for info on STS 2.0 ...was disappointed today tho.

Coming from a marketing background, I think it would be helpful if they were more cyclical with their product advertisements. There's so many approaches to doing this, however. One successful approach I've seen is to keep the newsletter email separate with maybe just one promo at the bottom, then send other promo-only emails at other times during the week, maybe once or twice.

There's something to be said, however, in showing something to someone multiple times. There are people who will "bite".

I agree, once a week emails is enough. I also just scroll through the ads. But from a marketing perspective do you really want people just scrolling through the ads and not really reading them? One suggestion may be instead of advertising so many products at once, focus on 2-3 products per week rotating through different products each week, and do a more in-depth advertisement including suggested workouts for the products and reviews from people who have used the products.

I typically don't read the newsletter any more because there are so many ads. Instead I read the new blog articles directly on the website each Monday.

I sometimes do that too Jane. It's easier to find the articles as they're not buried in the ads; & sometimes they're posted earlier than I get the newsletter. But I think the official announcement about STS 2.0 will be in the newsletter or in a special email.

If a product/brand is important to people and they don't like missing out on deals, they stay subscribed. The great thing is people have options, and, as others have said, if the emails get to be not to people's liking, there's always unsubscribing and paying a direct visit to the website to see what's going on. It's just on the customer to remember to check the web site, whereas emails serve as "reminders" in a way.

I find personally, I stay subscribed for a while until I get annoyed with some brand, then unsubscribe, only to find myself later on purchasing something from the company again and putting up with their marketing emails because I don't want to miss a deal. o_O

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.