Cathe Live Subscribers Please Read

Hi Everyone,

Cathe wanted us to take a couple of minutes to let you know that over the past weekend she encountered a medical emergency in one of her eyes. An urgent trip to Wills Eye in Philadelphia led to a diagnosis of a full retinal detachment in her right eye and she was taken in for emergency surgery. The surgeon placed a scleral buckle around the eye and injected a C3F8 gas bubble into the eye to position the retina back in place. She was very lucky to have taken action so quickly after experiencing bizarre floaters, flashes and dark spots randomly appearing in her right eye because she later learned that a detached retina could lead to blindness within days. All went very well with surgery and the doctors are confident that she should regain most (she’s hoping for all) of her sight back in that eye.

She asked the doctor how this happened and he said it was nothing that she did or even could’ve prevented. Sometimes things just happen. He did tell her that nearsighted people (which she is) are at a higher risk, but what’s important now is that the surgery was successful and she is home recovering ❤️
All this being said, we will have to take a short break from Cathe Live while Cathe recovers. We aren’t sure how many weeks it will be until the doctor clears her for exercise, but right now she isn’t even allowed to stand up for more than 10 minutes per hour for the next 5 days. (Just imagine keeping someone like Cathe completely still for that long!)

Just before all of this unfolded, Cathe had been planning to pre-record a few live episodes so that we could stream them for you while Cathe was up north later this month helping her mom through a hernia surgery. Cathe had only finished one of the three that she was planning and with this turn of events, she won’t be able to complete the other two at this time. She will, however, air that one pre-recoded episode this Thursday at 9:30am est.

We appreciate your understanding and Cathe will be back and better than ever just as soon as possible! Thanks, Everyone! View attachment 7960
I truly hope you can find something to help you recover. I can only imagine how challenging this is. Take good care.

OMG! How scary...I'm so glad that Cathe realized what was going on and took quick action!

Wishing a very speedy and complete recovery, Cathe! I know it's hard to stay still...especially for you! But I know you'll do what you need to do to keep your sight.

Roy and I have both been warned by our eye doctors that we're at higher risk for retinal detachment because we're both so nearsighted. I've been told to watch for flashes, floaters, etc. Thanks for the reminder to be aware of unusual visual symptoms!!

Again, wishing you all the best, and hope that you're all healed up good as new soon!!!! xoxoxo
Thanks so very much Jodi ❤️

Hi Everyone,

Cathe wanted us to take a couple of minutes to let you know that over the past weekend she encountered a medical emergency in one of her eyes. An urgent trip to Wills Eye in Philadelphia led to a diagnosis of a full retinal detachment in her right eye and she was taken in for emergency surgery. The surgeon placed a scleral buckle around the eye and injected a C3F8 gas bubble into the eye to position the retina back in place. She was very lucky to have taken action so quickly after experiencing bizarre floaters, flashes and dark spots randomly appearing in her right eye because she later learned that a detached retina could lead to blindness within days. All went very well with surgery and the doctors are confident that she should regain most (she’s hoping for all) of her sight back in that eye.

She asked the doctor how this happened and he said it was nothing that she did or even could’ve prevented. Sometimes things just happen. He did tell her that nearsighted people (which she is) are at a higher risk, but what’s important now is that the surgery was successful and she is home recovering ❤️
All this being said, we will have to take a short break from Cathe Live while Cathe recovers. We aren’t sure how many weeks it will be until the doctor clears her for exercise, but right now she isn’t even allowed to stand up for more than 10 minutes per hour for the next 5 days. (Just imagine keeping someone like Cathe completely still for that long!)

Just before all of this unfolded, Cathe had been planning to pre-record a few live episodes so that we could stream them for you while Cathe was up north later this month helping her mom through a hernia surgery. Cathe had only finished one of the three that she was planning and with this turn of events, she won’t be able to complete the other two at this time. She will, however, air that one pre-recoded episode this Thursday at 9:30am est.

We appreciate your understanding and Cathe will be back and better than ever just as soon as possible! Thanks, Everyone! View attachment 7960
Thank you all so very much for your kind thoughts and prayers. They meant so much to me ❤️

Cathe,
My husband had a detached retina 15 years ago. It was very scary at the time. The Dr. going into surgery made no promises.
It all worked out fine in the end. His vision is fine and he has not had any other problem with it.

We are happy you were able to get to the Dr. in a timely manner.
Take the time to be good to yourself and heal completely.
We will pray for your complete recovery and patience for you as you do everything the Dr. tells you to heal well. ( That will be the hard part for you ! )

How fortunate we are to have such excellent medical care in this country !

Just finding this out now. Oh my, Cathe!!! What a scary thing to have to go through. You are such a strong - and smart - fighter!! You will be in my prayers!! Will also be thinking of your mom with her upcoming surgery. I pray you are able to get the all clear to be with her. I'm sure that would mean a lot to both of you. Best wishes for a quick recovery. Hang in there as you are forced off your feet!!!

Best wishes on your recovery, Cathe! I've been worrying about this very thing happening to me since I started having really bad flashers last fall. I'm constantly on alert but do know, like you did, to get treatment right away. What is the saying? "Life happens when you are making other plans" right? I'm sure you will be smart and get the proper rest and recovery.

Hi Everyone,

Hi Cathe,

I was reading my email newsletter from you and saw the picture of you wearing your eye patch. I had to come to the forum to see what happened and if you were OK. Sending lots of love and prayers your way for a full recovery! Thank you for all you do for us, I've been one of your many fans for a long, long time. Please take care of yourself. We're all so used to being active that all of a sudden when we're forced to rest because of a medical issue it can be challenging. You can do anything, it might not be a minute or 30 seconds like HIIT, but you can do this!

Best wishes for a full recovery, Cathe.

Thank you for sharing a private, medical issue as it reinforces the need to act quickly,when something that is very out of the ordinary occurs.

I’m sure we will all work out extra hard to be ready to work out together when you can return!

I would like to say that health is something very precious, and it's only one for each of us. It is essential to pay attention to this and act on time because sometimes it's too late for some interventions. My point of view is that you should try everything you want, only if your health won't suffer. When I was younger, I didn't get through this thought, and I had always known that I would manage even with my healthfulness. I used to do so many insalubrious things without realizing that I am the first and only person that will have to accept the consequences. Now, I try to visit my doctor as often as I need it, and my most immense joy is that virtual media has advanced to another level, and hopefully for me with https://www.iinsight.biz/ I feel that required for every person support.

Last edited:
I would like to say that health is something very precious, and it's only one for each of us. It is essential to pay attention to this and act on time because sometimes it's too late for some interventions. My point of view is that you should try everything you want, only if your health won't suffer. When I was younger, I didn't get through this thought, and I had always known that I would manage even with my healthfulness. I used to do so many insalubrious things without realizing that I am the first and only person that will have to accept the consequences. Now, I try to visit my doctor as often as I need it, and my most immense joy is that virtual media has advanced to another level, and hopefully for me with https://www.iinsight.biz/ I feel that required for every person support.
All I know is Cathe workouts kept me increasing my stamina and endurance and strength. Cathe workouts never sent me to the doctor. P90X did.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.