Cathe Live #17 IMAX 44 Mins Step Workout

Highly Recommend this Step Workout!!! I did the work today June 29, 2019 on one riser with a few modifications. This is like IMAX 2, but a little bit easier. It has eight parts to it instead ten like IMAX 2. I like about is there isn’t a lot of jumping on and straddling the Step. It is still challenging, but if you know most of Cathe’s choreography from her other Step workout then it isn’t that complicated. It does have the V Step and then you go back and do a v step back and then the shuffle and the slow the V. But to me that was the only hard step move there was. And there are jumping jacks, etc. but you can always modify them. Cathe is still the genius at making a new class every Cathe Live!!! Jen Den

Thanks for mentioning that one. I am gonna give it a whirl! I will have to modify
Jacks, etc..but it looks fun, don't know or remember if I ever did that one or not..

Thanks for mentioning that one. I am gonna give it a whirl! I will have to modify
Jacks, etc..but it looks fun, don't know or remember if I ever did that one or not..
Yea! The one that challenges me the most is Cathe Live #192 Advance Choreography. If you have done Step Moves then you will get most of it, but then it has burpees. So, it is like the first part is like yea, I get this and then the 1st blast here comes the jump on the step and a burpee. So, you get a false feeling from the first combo, but after the first blast then the second combo is from Step Moves and it is like a break. But, not for long.

I would suggest if you have a hard time do Cathe IMAX. For #192 I modify the burpee. But I love #192 because it is from Step Moves because I love that DVD!! Jen Den

Thanks for the inspiration. Wasn't sure what to do this morning for my cardio day, read this and did #192 - it was lots of fun. Keep the suggestions coming...

Thanks for the inspiration. Wasn't sure what to do this morning for my cardio day, read this and did #192 - it was lots of fun. Keep the suggestions coming...
[/QUOTE
Hi Molasses!! I hoped you liked it??? When I first did it, I was like, yea Cathe is right, some of the moves are from her DVD, which is Step Moves. The only reason why I really like this one was Step Moves was the DVD I did because I thought was easier then her other step workouts. Well yea, but no. I remember doing it for the first time and I was like what??? How can she do it and how her gang do it. But by trail and mostly error I got it. One I learned if you keep your feet moving that really helps. By the way it took like two years and sometimes I might miss a Step. But, that was when I first started. So, I give myself room for error.

I think it was interesting Cathe says on Live when it is Combo Two “ I am going to get it” I am thinking this easy because it is in Step Moves, but thinking about it some of her crew may have never saw Step Moves.

Thanks Jen Den

Thanks so much for the suggestion! Tonight was Cardio and this fit perfectly. Nice that it was only 44 minutes and I was pleasantly sweaty at the end. I didn’t modify anything, but did keep the step at 6” as it seemed a little fast for me to go higher. Lots of fun and yes a little easier than the original IMaxes. I often forget to look that far back in the Cathe Lives but this was good and I added to my favorites !
Lori

Thanks so much for the suggestion! Tonight was Cardio and this fit perfectly. Nice that it was only 44 minutes and I was pleasantly sweaty at the end. I didn’t modify anything, but did keep the step at 6” as it seemed a little fast for me to go higher. Lots of fun and yes a little easier than the original IMaxes. I often forget to look that far back in the Cathe Lives but this was good and I added to my favorites !
Lori
I am glad you liked it.

About modifying, that was pretty awesome that you were able not to.

I have a question around the 31 minute mark, Cathe does fast feet. Cathe is stepping on the step as she is going around it. I find that I can’t hit the step at 6 inches, I was wondering how do you overcome this problem. I move away from the step and then go around. I was wondering if you have any tricks or techniques you use??

Thank you and keep stepping!!
Jen Den

Jen,

I am taller than Cathe so fast feet with feet touching the top of the step at 6” is very doable for me. In other workouts where I use an 8” Step, I will do fast feet just by touching my toes to the side of the bench. Also on 8” days, I usually just go side to side behind the step rather than working my way around it. Much safer for me. I enjoy stepping, though I get lost in really dancy choreography. I am really looking forward to the new step workouts this fall!

Lori

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.