Cathe in the Dallas paper

Great link, and great article!

How I wish our metropolitan area, the Twin Cities of Minnesota, had newspapers that actually discussed fitness options in meaningful terms as Dallas does. All you get in our own Star Tribune and Pioneer Press Dispatch are scolding hortatories about the obesity epidemic and how people should exercise, with almost NO precise information on what to do and how to do it. No exercise video reviews, no health club reviews, nada. And a weekly full section devoted to cooking, recipes and restaurants, as well as a Sunday page discussing same. Go figure.

A-Jock

Um, A-Jock, maybe I'm pointing out the obvious here...but YOU'd be the PERFECT person to write said articles. I know I'm not alone when I say that I love to read your posts here. They are always well-informed, witty and thought provoking. You, and your gleaming skull, are always right on the money.

Do it.

Letswork - thanks for the compliment!

I think, however, that to devote my writing energies to rags like the Star Tribune ("Strib") or the Pioneer Press ("PeePee") would truly be casting pearls before swine. My brother is a career print journalist, and I'm surprised all his brain cells haven't been totally sucked out by now by the politics of working for a newspaper.

I'll confine my missives to the Cathe Forums, where being right on the money actually does some good every now and then.

Thanks again, LW!

A-Jock

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.