Cathe in Fitness May 2006

Cathe received another mention in Fitness Magazine, the May 2006 issue. Page 33, very last line. IMAX III is the recommendation this time.

Yeah Cathe! Congratulations!!

Dear imafitnessfreak,

I'm new to Cathe and her forum page. Saw your pictures, can I ask a couple of nosy questions? how old are you and what workouts do you do? I work out 4-5 days but don't seem near as toned as you. Hope I'm not overstepping bounds. Interested in your feedback.

monicapote

[email protected]

Thanks!

Hi Monicapote!

I don't mind a few nosey questions at all! I just turned 33 years old this past January.

As for my workouts, I do cardio 6 days a week. I alternate the elliptical with running for my cardio because I am currently training to run my 1st marathon. It helps that I LOVE cardio.

Since I am training for a marathon, I have been sticking to Cathe's total body endurance workouts. Muscle Max, Muscle Endurance and Power Hour have kept my DVD player quite warm the past several weeks.

I just want to close by saying that I feel a healthy diet is critical to the equation. Keep a food journal and do what you can to make the best food choices for your body without driving yourself nuts...otherwise, you just won't stick with a proper diet.

One more thing...the right attitude will take you far! Say nice things to yourself, about yourself...even if you don't believe it right away. Write down adjectives that you want others to use to describe you and then use those very words to describe yourself. This is not an exercise to "tick" your brain. It is an exercise to make what you want become a reality. It really works!

Hey, I just saw that you responded long ago. Thanks for the response. I appreciate it. Since I have been doing imax 3 I have noticed changes in my body. What do you recommend as the best cathe workouts besides the ones you mentioned above? Good luck in your marathon. monica

Sarah, you really do look terrific. But Monica, be careful in comparing yourself to others. You'll drive yourself CRAZY. We're all born with different genes and have different bodies. Do what's best for your body and get to a place where you feel good about yourself and you've achieved fitness.

Super advice, sfthomson! It is such a sticky-wicked when people try to fit into a particular body type/image. It's like Tamilee Webb says, "I may have a bubble butt, but it's a strong bubble and it's the best I can make it." I can't be Cathe, but I'm working on becoming a "fit Jill." Just be the best 'you' that you can be. That's easier said than done, still - it's something worth striving for.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.