Cathe, I'm new 2 the Game - Help!!

JazLaBou

Hello Cathe,

I recently discovered your workouts on FitTV and your energy and professionalism have inspired me so much that I want to purchase a few videos/DVDs to use and rotate on a daily basis. I haven't worked out (cario/weights) for about year due to an illness, and I've been given the okay to get started.

I will be working out at home, and I will visit a local park that has a 2.5 mile running trail that has some awsome and challenging hills. At home I have a step, exercise mat, jump rope, a series of dumbells(3-25 lbs), and 2.5 hand weights. I will be purchasing a barbell, as well as, an exercise ball for floor and ab workouts. I've been told that I need a special sized ball for my six foot frame. Any truth to this?

I'm 40 years old and weigh 200 pounds. I believe that I felt and looked my best at around 165 pounds, so I'll be shooting towards that weight.

I would like any suggestions on what videos to purchase to to get started. I would like to infuse all elements - cardio, weights, flexibility - into my daily routine. I prefer working out first thing in the morning, and will probably add a few evening workouts or runs maybe 2-3 times a week.

I would appreciate and welcome your input!! Yes, I'm up for the challenge, and can't wait to get started. Thank you. :) :)

Hi JLB!
I was also very inspired by Cathe's energy and professionalism and have been doing her workouts for a good 6 months now. Prior to that I was sedentary for about a year also. 6 months ago I had the Power Hour and Rhythmic Step DVD's and both are AWESOME!! At first I used Power Hour with no weights during leg work (squats and lunges) and just didn't complete the entire set at first. And of course light weights for the arm work. I've gradually moved up but I still do this workout with dumbells only, since I don't lift that heavy yet. This is a great muscle endurance workout. Rhythmic Step I also modified and didn't jump as much at first. Another big favorite which is also on the Power Hour DVD is Body Max. VERY tough but I get so pumped up it is a delight to work so hard. Just don't jump as much at first and use lighter weights. You can check out the video clips on this site; they were very helpful to me.

I hear that the new beginner/intermediate DVD's are good but I don't plan to get them. As I said I just modified the tougher workouts at first, and I still do but less now (WOO HOO!!) I've lost a good chunk of weight since I started doing Cathe but I truly believe that a good healthy low sugar diet is about 75% of the success. The great workouts make be feel tremendous and motivate me to eat healthy.

Most of my Cathe workouts are newer and I Love them!! Pyramid upper and lower body is great, as well as Cardio & Weights, Imax 2, Step Blast, Step Pump and Jump, Push Pull and Supersets. I hear the Slow and Heavy Series is great for strength building and will likely get that one soon as well as Muscle Endurance, which looks similar to Power Hour. I'm sure you won't go wrong with ANY Cathe workout you decide to buy! :)

I am still a work in progress and am highly motivated and inspired by Cathe and her workouts. I'm sure this will be the case for you also.

Take care! :)

Liz

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.