Cathe I love LI +X Train Rotation!

trinamf

I have been doing this rotation since 1/8, calculating my weights using 1 Rep Max. Already, after just starting my third week I'm improving! Less knee pain, more endurance. Your Xtrain Series is simply the best, it's obvious you put your heart and soul into this series, and it's well worth the money. Between LI Series (my now second favorite) and Xtrain, I know I will be challenged and improving my fitness for years to come.

Thank you thank you thank you! You are the best!

Trina (longtime Cathlete):D

I'm doing the same rotation and loving it. Mixing up the cardio a little - did Hard Strikes this weekend. But this new series is effective and fun!!

Agreed, the Xtrain workouts really add variety to the LI workouts. The only thing I did was replace LI Challenge with Afterburn because I was nervous about doing step the first month. I feel very motivated and I really look forward to my workouts!

Sure It's in the book as 90-Day Low Impact and Xtrain Rotation (or something like that). You can also download it to your Calendar in the Workout Manager :p

I just completed week 3 of this rotation and I love it! I didn't do 1 rep max testing, but I am getting to failure in Burn Sets.

NY25, what is the impact like in Hard Strikes? I noticed that is not in the Xtrain/LIS rotation and I was wondering if it was because of the impact. I had hip surgery last year and can't tolerate jumpy stuff.

I'm glad to see you all are enjoying this rotation as much as I am! :)

There are a lot of jumping jacks and jumprope. This is all high impact. You can probably modify to lower impact by not jumping but just lifting off your toes. There are no plyo moves, but there are pop squats and ice breakers and few others at the end of the cardio. The tabatas are no impact, because you are only using your upper body. The conditioning is light weights again, no impact. Hope this helps.

I agree about the impact. There is some, but most of it is easily modified. There is also no twisty impact (which I totally can't do). It's very straight movement. I had no problem lowering the impact. Fun workout.

NY25,

Thanks for posting this...I wanted to try Hard Strikes tomorrow because I've been on a business trip and I'm dying for a good challenging cardio workout...now I feel prepared to make some modifications to make them lower impact.

Awesome!

I like this rotation too. I thoroughly enjoyed All Out Hiit premix#1 last night. Afterburn on the docket for today yikes!

I am recovering from sick so I decided to try hard stikes and make it low impact. I used my discs. WOW!! Loved it. I is almost like the cardio part of slide n glide, but with gloves on. now, some of the moves I got off the disks and did low impact, but for all the jumping jacks and jumpropes and some plyo moves, I just stayed on the discs.

yeah there is always a way to make things work if you're determined. Like the sound of your modifications. The Pledge idea worked well on my carpet, almost too well! Sliiiiiiiide, oh no....I will be doing the splits soon.... ha ha

I gotta say, I think All Out Low Impact HiiT is my favorite HiiT workout Cathe's ever done. It's tough but straightforward and I love it!!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.