Cathe-Help with Workouts

runrn7

HI Cathe,
I am trying to come up with a schedule that includes the "older" Boot Camp routine.
I wanted to know how to fit this tape 2X/week along with some other cardio and another day of weight training.
If I did this tape on Tues and Thurs what type of cardio would be appropriate to fit in between these workouts?
I know doing too much back to back with this interval type of workout becomes counterproductive.
I am a runner/trialthete who has become burnt out from working out a lot and for lond periods of time.
I am looking to remain fit but have fun doing it.
Looking for a new twist to the same old boring workouts.
I have the new 4 day split as well.
THANKS!

Pamela:)

not cathe but since you haven't gotten a response i decided to take a stab at it. this is what i would do given the info you posted:
Monday: chest and tris; 30 min cardio
tuesday: boot camp
wednesday: legs
thursday: boot camp
friday: back, bis, and shoulders; 30 min of cardio
saturday:cardio only
sunday: off
On the boot camp days i would make sure the weight is light for the muscle groups you worked on the previous day especially if they are sore. i would do less intense cardio activites on monday, friday, and saturday since boot camps cardio is pretty intense. listen to your body and you will know if you are doing too much. the workouts should be no more than 1 hour. you stated in your post that you are burnt out. have you taken a week or two off of working out all together? this may help you get back into the swing of things. you could also alternate the 4 day split for one week with a week of boot camp. For example:
monday: 4DS chest and back
tuesday: 4DS legs
wednesday: cardio only
thursday: 4DS bis and tris
friday: 4DS shoulders and calves
saturday: cardio or antoher leg workout
then the next week do this:
monday: cardio
tuesday: boot camp
wednesday: cardio
thrusday: boot camp
friday: cardio
saturday: boot camp
i hope this helps some. sorry its so long. just be careful and try to pay attention to signs of overtraining. good luck!

Karely,
Thanks!
I have taken a couple months off since we were in the middle of moving to another state. So after the New Year I am getting back into working out.
I have found over the years, trial and error, for me LESS is MORE.
When I do too many things - cardio or weights - I get bulky.
After having taken time off I am fitting into pants I have not in a few years.

I am thinking of doing BootCamp once/week now so I can get some other cardio in there, and then I can do the 4DS upper body on a separate day.

I used to split my weight days up as you had listed above, but would prefer to do them all together.

Thanks!!!!

Any other suggestions appreciated!

Happy Holidays!

Pamela

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.