Cathe, ? for you on your weight selection..

jloewe

Cathlete
Hi Cathe,

I was wondering..when you lift during the DVD's, do you choose a weight that challenges you to your limit, or do you go lighter so you can maintain great form at all times, to give us at home a good visualization?

I have wondered this also. Cathe also talks through the whole routine, so I've always assumed she would lift a bit lighter so she can speak more clearly and limit the amount of grunting into the microphone.

I have wondered this also. Cathe also talks through the whole routine, so I've always assumed she would lift a bit lighter so she can speak more clearly and limit the amount of grunting into the microphone.

Jodi..

The best example of this, in my opinion, is the Slow and Heavy series, where at different times Cathe will say she is lowering the weight she's using because her form is suffering. What I'm wondering is if indeed her form is suffering (it sure doesn't look as if it is), or she is only lowering the weights as a reminder to us that's it's ok, and necessary, to do so at times, as a form reminder.

Jerry

Hi Jerry, My husband and I have wondered this same question. Thank you for asking.
I also want to tell you that it was nice meeting you, although very briefly.
I had wanted to tell you goodbye as well. I was so overwhelmed and star struck. I could not focus on anything but Cathe. I am still trying to recover. I am so tired a good tired, but exhausted. I do not when I am going to attempt a workout.
I hope I feel better soon.
Rocky

That is a good question :) hopefully she will answer. Cathe has been so busy these days, she really is a super woman. Rocky, I was so glad to meet Cathe and attend the road trip. It was nice meeting you. I had an excellent spot - front row right behind Cathe. I felt star struck too..she truly is an inspiration. When we were doing plyo jumps...man, could she spring up high!! I attempted my first workout yesterday since the RT - DrillMax! I made it. I kept thinking, only a few days ago i was working out live with Cathe and the road trippers. It was kind of a let down to be home alone :)

Jodi..

The best example of this, in my opinion, is the Slow and Heavy series, where at different times Cathe will say she is lowering the weight she's using because her form is suffering. What I'm wondering is if indeed her form is suffering (it sure doesn't look as if it is), or she is only lowering the weights as a reminder to us that's it's ok, and necessary, to do so at times, as a form reminder.

That's a great example, Jer. I wonder the same thing too!

That's a great example, Jer. I wonder the same thing too!

I did S & H Legs and Shoulders today, and had to SERIOUSLY lower the weights on the overhead shoulder presses..Cathe beat me by a mile with her weights on that exercise.

Bumping in hopes that Cathe sees this!

Jerry, out of curiousity, what weights DOES she use on the overhead presses in slow and heavy? I finished 4 weeks of slow and heavy about 3 weeks ago and will do another 3 or 4 in September. I just looked back at my spreadsheet to see what I did...and am now wanting to compare it to what she does. I can't for the life of me remember. Guess I could pop in the DVD though. :)

Jerry, out of curiousity, what weights DOES she use on the overhead presses in slow and heavy? I finished 4 weeks of slow and heavy about 3 weeks ago and will do another 3 or 4 in September. I just looked back at my spreadsheet to see what I did...and am now wanting to compare it to what she does. I can't for the life of me remember. Guess I could pop in the DVD though. :)

Not 100% sure, but I believe she statred with 15's, then dropped to 12's...I'm assuming you are referring to the overhead shoulder press??

As for me..I used 7.5 for both sets, those babies are a killer for me for some reason, yet I could go higher than her and the crew on external rotation lifts...go figure!

Hi Cathe,

I was wondering..when you lift during the DVD's, do you choose a weight that challenges you to your limit, or do you go lighter so you can maintain great form at all times, to give us at home a good visualization?

Great question! I was wondering if she would have to go lower since they're "rehearsing" a video all day. But then I don't really know to what extent they do that. If I'm dying during a set and I actually see Cathe huffing and puffing a little bit it's kind of comforting to me. But then I'm thinking "...but is this her fifth take?" ;)

Nadja

I've wondered that, too, but I think she lightens up some because of the extreme heat they film in.

Hopefully Cathe will respond to confirm this but I remember reading her answer to a similar post that she lifts heavier than her DVD W/O's. I tried to search for the post but couldn't find it. I think we will get a better idea of her true limits when we see the weightloads she chooses for STS. Remember the pics of the barbell rows:eek:

JJ

Hopefully Cathe will respond to confirm this but I remember reading her answer to a similar post that she lifts heavier than her DVD W/O's. I tried to search for the post but couldn't find it. I think we will get a better idea of her true limits when we see the weightloads she chooses for STS. Remember the pics of the barbell rows:eek:

JJ

That would be my guess as well..and yes..the pics of the barbell rows was definitely an eye-opener.

Bumping this daily until she fesses up!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.