Cathe downloads on TV using PlayOn

AliCoop

I've downloaded many Cathe workouts that I play on my computer in my office/workout room. This morning, however, I needed to work out in the living room (not using my computer) and was able to do a downloaded Cathe workout on my tv. I used software called PlayOn (here's a link: http://www.playon.tv/playon ). My husband downloaded this to use with our Wii, and it's worked wonderfully to watch online programming through our television. You do need either a Wii, PS3 or Xbox and you'll need to pay a subscription fee to get PlayOn. But after that, it's very easy to do downloaded Cathe workouts on your tv. I know folks have been asking about how to do this, so I just wanted to share. Let me know if you have any questions.

True--it's only for PCs. But if you have a newer Mac with an Intel chip, you can use Bootcamp to run Windows on your Mac.

How much is the monthly fee? I didn't find it on the web. It seems like, if you want to play Cathe download on your TV, it would be free... their software is free.

ETA: Found it
The subscription plan costs $39.99 for the first year, and $19.99 per year thereafter. Your subscription will automatically renew each year through your credit card or PayPal account. You can also cancel at any time.

A one-time PlayOn Premium license costs $79.99, and incurs no recurring fees.

Also:
PlayOn Lite is absolutely 100% free for all users! It gives you access to "My Media" (all your local media files from your PC and home network), as well as the Pandora radio channel. No matter whether you buy a PlayOn license or not, you will always be able to use the PlayOn software for My Media and Pandora. Forever. For free.

Last edited:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.