Cathe,did a search but cannot find it........

getnfit@38

Cathlete
Hi Cathe and all :)

Some time ago, maybe 6 months or more, a post(er) asked what combination of upper body exercises was needed to get that "V" shaped cut in the upper arm, and Cathe you gave them a combo of like 3 (maybe 4) different exercises that worked the shoulder/arm at different angles.
I didn't pay close attention at the time because I still had too much body fat to even entertain going for "cut" but now that definition is beginning to really take form on me now, I'd like to concentrate on what particular moves are necessary.
I did a search under everything from "V" shape/cut/upper arm/etc., but cannot pull up that thread?

Thanks,
Donna

Hi Robin...

Thanks, but nope, that's not it. Cathe posted a set of specific exercise to get the "V" shape to come out.
Thanks for looking :)
Donna

Hi Donna! I happen to have exactly the one your looking for. Unfortunately its in my workout binder at home and I happen to be at work right now. I'll email you tonight w/the exact exercises, sets and reps that your supposed to do. I think I'll do it myself next week! Talk to you tonight, Kathy

How funny you just posted this! On Sunday, my boyfriend and I were talking about which was the most important muscle in defining that "V".

Would you please E-mail the exercises to me too? I'd really appreciate it.

[email protected]

Thanks!!! :)
Shelley

Kathy - I would love to have that rotation too. Could you possibly just post it here? That would be great. Thanks.

Hi Donna! Here's what I came with from my workout binder. Cathe called it "shoulder development".

1. Pick 4 exercises and do first exercise 4 sets of 8 reps at heaviest weight.
2. Next 3 exercises not quite so heavy and do 3 sets of 12 reps.

Do use a barbell for first exercise of military presses.
Side lateral raises, forward raises and rear flyes.

That's it in a nutshell!

Happy lifting! Have a great weekend!! Kathy

I found it~wooooo hooooooo!!!!!

I was determined to find that thread and I finally did, it was in the archives. For all interested, here it is:

*this was Cathe's response to how to develop the "v" shape cut/dip in your arms:

Hi Sweater! Thanks for your sweet words. That muscle generally comes out more for me when I do a combination of shoulder work (long lever side lateral raises, front delt raises, rear delt flys), bicep work (heavy weight bicep curls), and triceps work (tricep kick backs and lying overhead extentions). Hope these help you too. Good Luck!

Thanks to all who looked and tried to help :)

Donna

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.