Cathe - can you recommend some DVDs for triathlons?

rgs424

Cathlete
I just finished STS and I LOVED IT!!!!!!!!!!! I really enjoyed it and it is so well put together.

Anyway,I do triathlons and so for the next 6 months I will be focusing on swim/bike/run. I can't do STS now, but can you recommend any of your DVDs that would help my muscle endurance (for the long bike rides and swims) and to help against lactic acide build up and fatigue ? I was going to do 2 of your DVDs a week, and hopefully rotate among several of them. Would the HIGH REPS DVD be good? Meso Cycle 1 of STS? STS part 4 ??

As far as weight selection in these DVDs, should I just be training at 60-70% of my 1RM ?

Thanks so much...any advice you give would be wonderful!!!!

rgs424

Hi, I have no answer for your question but am actually hoping you can help me :rolleyes:. I am training for my triathlon, actually an irongirl which is a sprint ( 600+ meter swim, 18 + mile bike & 5K run). A first for me. I must say I'm very nervous. I have been doing STS, starting over again last week with Meso 1. I am actually in the midst of a lower back issue that is giving me alot of grief. I have hit the pool some, although scheduling has kept me out for 5 wks now & it will be next week before I have the chance to get in again. Yet to get on the bike (upstate NY weather not co-operating with me) but I have been running regular all winter.
Why do you say no to STS during this training? I could really use any help you can offer. Would love to e-mail or FB with you if you are willing. Either way good luck in your training & race.

Will send a pm with contact info just in case :D

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.