Cathe App Consistently Inconsistent (buffering or stopping) despite steps to restore

It's still a problem. No end in sight. I depend on Cathe OnDemand. Please help!!?

I think there is a problem with a firewall against users from Thailand? My ISP said that they tried to address the problem on their end, and it still freezes.

Hi laurawd, customer service told me you got this to work by going through a VPN. This doesn't surprise me since you have always been able to access our cathe.com server. You're also able to log in to Cathe OnDemand. The problem occurs when you try to actually play a video you're instantly cutoff. I've seen a similar problem a few months ago with an ISP in the USA that updated their Power DNS settings and was unknowingly blocking our stream from an Akamai server. I have opened a ticket with Akamai, but this will take a while for them to investigate. In the meantime contact your ISP and tell them your stream is being blocked that is coming from an Akamai server and it is not being blocked by us. This may be related and caused by their DNSSEC settings. Also, tell them you can connect by a VPN and this should help them resolve this, though they may have to bump this to tier 2 support. Let me know if this helps?

Thank you. I have spoken with the ISP and described the issues. They tried to reset something but it didn't work. They are trying again and will call me tomorrow. Thank you for opening a ticket with Akamai. I appreciate it.

Hi laurawd, Akamai did get back to me, but they need your public ip address, not your private ip address. As long as you're posting to the forums here from your home I can extract your IP. Otherwise please send it to [email protected]

Hi laurawd, Akamai did get back to me, but they need your public ip address, not your private ip address. As long as you're posting to the forums here from your home I can extract your IP. Otherwise please send it to [email protected]

Hi. We have a new modem and I have tried (without success) to get the public IP address. Maybe Akamai can contact True Corp directly? I've had multiple calls with the service provider.... Despite the modem change and a check with the website and APP, I still cannot stream properly. This is true whether I am using the APP on home WiFi or another private WiFi network, OR cellular data.

Hi laurawd,

You should have received a detailed report from Akamai that Bob from our customer service sent you. You will need to give this report to your ISP. Did you receive this report?

Changing your modem will not fix this issue. I've seen something similar to your problem once before and it's caused by your ISP's DNSSEC settings. This has to be fixed at your ISP, not your house. The Akamai report is very detailed and an engineer at your ISP should be able to read and trace the issue. But this needs to be handled at the very least by a tier 2 engineer. But let me know if you received the report and what the status currently is?

Last edited:
Hi laurawd,

You should have received a detailed report from Akamai that Bob from our customer service sent you. You will need to give this report to your ISP. Did you receive this report?

Changing your modem will not fix this issue. I've seen something similar to your problem once before and it's caused by your ISP's DNSSEC settings. This has to be fixed at your ISP, not your house. The Akamai report is very detailed and an engineer at your ISP should be able to read and trace the issue. But this needs to be handled at the very least by a tier 2 engineer. But let me know if you received the report and what the status currently is?

Hi admin, I received some news from Bob and have not had the chance to pass it on to the ISP because we are away from home for a few days. I did tell the ISP that the problem seems to be with them blocking the URL and they insist that they're not blocking... I will follow up late next week and revert. Thanks very much for checking.

HI laurawd,

I'm sure your ISP is not blocking our content intentionally, but their DNS security software more than likely is. The Akamai report should help your ISP trace and fix this, but you have to get them to escalate this to at least tier 2 support and whoever handles their DNS security settings.

HI laurawd,

I'm sure your ISP is not blocking our content intentionally, but their DNS security software more than likely is. The Akamai report should help your ISP trace and fix this, but you have to get them to escalate this to at least tier 2 support and whoever handles their DNS security settings.

Interestingly, the APP and Apple TV Cathe seem to be working at my home. However, if I use the WiFi at a nearby gym in my neighborhood (gated community), I still have to connect to VPN (same ISP...)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.