Cathe advice on more defined arms?

pressju

Cathlete
Cathe I started your workouts i 2004. Have worked out virtually all my life. Like you I am early 40s with two kids 4 and 2, work out 5-6 days per week (yes we are amazing! lol)). I am very petite (5 ft.1) with a petite frame. Very happy with the results from your workouts. However I cannot seem to get my arms very defined, cut. Not much wiggle there anymore thanks to you, but would sure like the Cathe/Linda Hamilton in Terminator look (or something close). They are a bit bulky for my taste. My routine: 4 cardio workouts per week (30 - 60 min); two full body (typically one is an interval workout like Boot Camp); at least one yoga/pilates.

Any advice? Many thanks. You are just wonderful!

RE: Cathe - your advice on more defined arms?

I'd like to hear Cathe's answer on this as well.

Patricia

RE: Cathe - your advice on more defined arms?

Not Cathe buthave you tried Cathe's Muscle Endurance workout? I have had it for 1.5 years and it still finds its way into my weekly routines. I think it really helps to up the weights as much as you can on that workout and when doing push-up...get off the knees and on the toes. If it is too tough, do as many as you can on the toes and then go to the knees. I bring my arms in very close to the body when doing push-ups to incorporate more tricep.

I hesitate whether to answer here because you asked Cathe but I know she has been super busy and wanted to share with you what worked for me when I thought my arms were too bulky. The "Tank Top Rotation" is GREAT! Here is the workout. I'm sorry I forget who posted this thread to give the credit to but Marlene was the original poster of the idea. Good Luck!

Here's is Marlene123's original "tank top arms" rotation:

Day #1: Pure Strength Chest, Back, Shoulders, Biceps, Triceps
Day #2: CTX Leaner Legs
Day #3: CTX Shoulders, Biceps, Triceps plus cardio
Day #4: Cardio
Day #5: MIS
Day #6: Cardio
Day #7: Cardio or rest

As you can see, this routine works shoulders, biceps and triceps three times per week, chest and back twice and legs twice.

NOTE: Marlene also said that she does this rotation for 10 weeks, then switches to a S&H rotation for 3 weeks.

*This rotation will bring definition to your upper body, just remember to go as heavy as you can with weight, but using proper form and able to complete each rep/set.
Marlene truly has a winning rotation here! And regardless of what rotation I do, I've found that Marlene's idea of working the shoulders/triceps/biceps 3x/week has been the key to sculpting my upper body.

Your-Friend-In-Fitness, DebbieH http://www.handykult.de/plaudersmilies.de/wavey.gif[/img] If You Get The Choice To Sit It Out Or Dance...I Hope You DANCE!!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.