Cathe...? about your cardio

1fitgrl

Cathlete
Hi Cathe,

If I remember correctly, I read in a post a while back that you do cardio 3 X per week. Is this still your routine & if so, how long is your cardio. Lately I've been doing 6 days p/week cardio only because I feel like I have to burn off some extra cal's that I consumed. Any input would be greatly appreciated from you & more about you cardio routine.

Thanks,

Amanda

Hi Amanda!

Yes I did that for a long time in addition to weights three times a week. Right now I am in "shock mode" to change things up. I am doing one body part per day with weights (20 to 25 minutes) and doing 2 spin (45 minutes), one treadmill (20 minutes with HiiT), in addition to my step class (30 minutes step), bootcamp (60 minutes of non-stop cardio), and lower body blast (cardio based for the first 30 minutes).

I will do this until I feel its time for a new shock treatment :D

My advise is to make two cardio routines steady state, two higher intensity, and one ultra high intensity. This will burn lots of calories, vary the stress load, and work on bone density too. If you have knee, hip, back issues, keep your workouts non-weight bearing and or lower impact.

Good Luck!

Hi Cathe,

If I remember correctly, I read in a post a while back that you do cardio 3 X per week. Is this still your routine & if so, how long is your cardio. Lately I've been doing 6 days p/week cardio only because I feel like I have to burn off some extra cal's that I consumed. Any input would be greatly appreciated from you & more about you cardio routine.

Thanks,

Amanda

Hi Amanda!

Yes I did that for a long time in addition to weights three times a week. Right now I am in "shock mode" to change things up. I am doing one body part per day with weights (20 to 25 minutes) and doing 2 spin (45 minutes), one treadmill (20 minutes with HiiT), in addition to my step class (30 minutes step), bootcamp (60 minutes of non-stop cardio), and lower body blast (cardio based for the first 30 minutes).

I will do this until I feel its time for a new shock treatment :D

Good Luck!

Cathe~
Just in case you come back to this thread- Thank you for sharing your current training style. Would you mind expanding a bit on what you're doing?

Are you doing Legs 1 day per week?

The order your body parts are in for the week?

The type of lifting you are doing? (pyramids-negatives-straight sets-supersets)

The rep range you are using currently?

Thanks! I'm loving STS and am so happy to have a plan in place that allows my busy summer to not take over my workout schedule/goals.

You're the best! Thanks for all you're doing!!

As a side note: I applaud you in all your new business strategies! You make me a better business woman by keeping my drive alive!

Hi Amanda!

Good Luck!

Cathe, I don't suppose you'd be able to describe your 60-minute Bootcamp Non-Stop Cardio routine for the masses, wouldja?

A-Jock

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.