Cardio workout without step

djb

Any suggestions for tapes that have intense cardio but not
with steps. I like Cathe's tapes, but don't have a step and
not sure if I want one. I like the aerobic workout that is
very intense. Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Although it does have a step portion as well, Maximum Intensity Cardio has an excellent high-lo section. Karen Voight's Power Packed Workout is another good one as well as the Advanced Tae Bo tapes by Billy Banks. I'm sure there are others, but ever since discovering Cathe, I've since gotten rid of all my other tapes except a few like the ones mentioned above.

Good Luck,

:) Stacy

I feel like I've been giving this advice a lot lately :) : Do any Cathe step tape without the step, and you will get an intense, fun, choreographically challenging workout. Either imagine that you have a step, or tape out a step-sized rectangle on your floor. Without the tape on the floor, you can really make your movemnts extra big, for even more intensity.
Wendy

Cardio Kicks is a combo of hi/lo and kickboxing that is SUPER intense and lots of fun. MIC has half an hour of really great mostly hi impact stuff, then 30 mins of step after that.

Circuit Max mixes hi/lo, kickbox and step, alternatng them with weights for upper body. But you could do the step stuff without one and make into just ho/lo and kickbox. Very tough but super fun class.

And from the CTX series, her Kickbox workout is a lot of fun. Not as intense as Cardio Kicks, but still lots of great kicking and punching drills.

Try Charlene Prickett "Start Your Engines" or the old Kathy Smith Fat Burning Workout. Also, everything everyone else has said about modifying regular step tapes,==goes!! :*
Perfect. Karen Voight's Smooth Moves has a good low impact--plus check out CIA 9907 or 8003--Jennifer Mills and Franny Benedetto. You can see I'm a hi-lo fan.....

I really enjoy Christi Taylor's hi/lo videos and I am not normally a hi/lo fan (I am a total non-reformable step addict, but lately it has been bothering my knees so I have been trying to alternate with other types of w/o's). Hi/Lo Heaven and Happy Hour Hi/Lo are great workouts.
Kari Anderson also has some great hi/lo but she is very dancy (which I like but not everyone does).

Good Luck!

I just tried a step tape without a step (I had to give up step - hopefully temporarily- for my knees) this morning and still got a pretty good work out. I used small hand weights, which I never do with regular step, and I think it helped increase the intensity. I figure since I can't work out my lower body as much as I want (due to knee pain) I'll maximize the upper body workout.
thanks for the advice!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.