Cardio Split 1 by the FIRM

Cheryl D

Whassup with this tape? I can't find any reviews on the VF site, and as we all know, the forum is down. Anybody have it? Is it worth the $?
thanks,
Cheryl

I have it

Cheryl,

I have this tape in addition to a ton of other Firm tapes. This tape, like all the recent ones, is a recompilation of their other tapes. Specifically, most of the footage is from Super Sculpting and Super Cardio.

Lorrayne

yes, it's worth it

as lorrayne wrote (hi lorrayne!) previously, CS 1 is a compilation of parts taken from super sculpting and super cardio. it is divided into two segments, upper body and lower body. there are three cycles in each segment, one cardio followed by one strength exercise. you can break the tape up, doing one segment one day and the other on another day. or you can do both on the same day. i'd rather do both on the same day since the tape is only 50 minutes in length.

i like to do this tape on a cardio day or when i really don't want to go heavy or long on a strength workout. CS 1 is definitely an endurance workout. i received my copy through the exchange, but if the tape costs ~$20, it's worth every penny IMHO.

Cardio split I

Just adding my opinion: I think Cardio split I is definitely worth it! The music is great, the workout is fun (though I do modify some things, like back rows done from a sitting position--not really working the back at the best angle--which I turn in to bent-over roww). Definitely one of the better "new" Firms.

I love CS I also!!

This is a fun tape you get in a little cardio and strength. I just got a HR monitor and was surprised that my HR stays in the training zone for 41 minutes with this 50 minute workout. I will probably buy CS II when it comes out.

I like this one too-

What I like to do is do half of it, and then use the rest of my workout time to learn choreography. That way I get a little strength, and most likely enough cardio (really that depends on what I am learning). For someone with more time, I am certain you could do both halves (it isn't that intense) and somone who picks up choreography quickly would have no need for my suggestion. I am very slow to learn choreography, but have found that using this method I am pretty good with my Cathes and Karis. The others are taking more time.

Cardio Split 1: Love it, Love it!

I love this video. It is one of my favorites -- I love the alternations between cardio and weights. The cardio is not real intense, like Cathe's, but I never feel like I've cheated when I do it!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.