Cardio party

tlc93

Cathlete
This was the first one I did and LOVED it! It starts with a warmup for about 9 minutes then goes into the cardio, no equipment needed. It’s not IMAX hard but got my heart rate up nicely. Simple moves are done that can be easily modified up. It has boxing moves so if you like weighted gloves...put them on. Then the calorie crush was very reminiscent of IMAX and Cathe even says it when you start. You DO need the step for this section. I wasn’t prepared for that so I grabbed it quick and got going. This section has some of my favorite moves and no real breakdown...you just get right to it. The choreography was not that complicated that you get lost but you need to pay attention. Plus you go thru it 6 times so you have a chance to learn it. After doing a combo for 6 run throughs you do a blast. Think box jumps! Loved that. The abs were “boxing inspired” per Cathe. They were tough and I had to put my hands on my head to save my neck. (My issue). Lastly was the extended stretch. Very nice indeed with more of my favorite stretches, pigeon, childs pose etc. A total winner here. Excellent job Cathe....as always!

Last edited:
Yeh, fabulous review!! Thanks. Looking forward to receiving here in Canada, watching lol, and DOing when I am able!! : )
I'd love to know: are there any step moves where we are facing away and going diagonally from the step at the same time? For the life of me, my feet and brain just will not catch on to those!!

Yeh, fabulous review!! Thanks. Looking forward to receiving here in Canada, watching lol, and DOing when I am able!! : )
I'd love to know: are there any step moves where we are facing away and going diagonally from the step at the same time? For the life of me, my feet and brain just will not catch on to those!!

Hi Elsie, if I remember....there was the "step/sweep" move going over the step as well as one move where you ARE facing away from Cathe for a "basic step" then over. Nothing really complicated at all.

Starting the Lite rotation that was posted in the calendar. Today it was cardio party with calorie crush. I wasn’t sure what to expect as I usually do not like floor cardio. I really enjoyed this one. It’s definitely intermediate as expected but easily can be made more difficult. You can wear weighted gloves/hold light hand weights, jump higher or touch the ground on many of the moves. Also for the calorie crush, you can add two risers or add intensity to the moves. If you have never done Cathe’s step routines—There’s going to be a learning curve. She doesn’t break down the moves. They are fun but may take a beginner a few tries to learn. And I really liked the music too!

Nice reviews thanks, it is going to be hard to choose which one to do first Lol !
So far leaning toward cardio party, come on Mr mailman !

I hate to be a bother, but any way someone can post some of the rotation from the calendar? It doesn't have to be the whole thing, just a week???

Thanks for this review! I did this one this morning (decided to follow the 30-day rotation), and it was so fun! I was worried when I saw the preview that it might not get my heart rate up, but I wore my 1-lb weighted gloves and did just fine.

I did the premix with the Calorie Crush (on 2 risers) and the Abs (did NOT wear the gloves for those), and my heart rate got to 167. Definitely challenging. Also, I loved the ab section. I think it will be better as I practice the moves and focus on the right muscles, but so fun to have the variety.

I really, really appreciate your review, because it gave great recommendations around the intensity, and I can't wait to do this one again.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.