Cardio hits vs. Classics: any difference?

L Sass

Cathlete
I'm slowly completing my Cathe collection and right now I'm looking at the Classics or Cardio Hits. Both sound just like a lot of step workouts. Are they all similar in intensity? Cathe's choreography has never been an issue for me, so I'm just wandering what you all like better and why. Thanks for any input.

Lorrie

I only have Cardio Hits. For me, Step Fit is a workout that is do-able the first time out; Powermax has music that really motivates you and is my personal favorite; and Step Works has a faster tempo and trickier choreography. So I find variety in the three workouts.

Hope someone chimes in and advises you on the Classics.

Diane

I have both of them. Cardio hits (IMHO) has workouts with slightly more complex choreography and the workouts get my heartrate up faster. Power Max is indeed awesome. But the Classics has some great workouts too. Some of the ones on the Classics are shorter, if that's an issue for you. Essentially, you can't go wrong with either one and they are very similar. It's just nice to have a variety of step workouts so you don't get bored. :)

Becky

I have both too and I do them in a rotation: oldest to newest and then over again. I also have Mega Step Blast which is NOT on the classics but is good too.

I think the major difference is the complexity. The Classics are more linear and straight-forward. I like that because I can modify my intensity more - I do more jumps, etc. to get my HR really as high as I can. For example - Step Jam (Classics) I have to be careful NOT to go all out in the beginning as I will be DEAD by the end - (dead in a good way). BUT because Power Max (Hits) is HARD to modify (go harder) my HR is the lowest of all of the seven I have... Which is good to know because if I have a day I don't want too much intensity, I can reach for it.

It didn't take me long at all to learn the first 4 (that includes MSB) but FOREVER to learn the last 3 from the Hits DVD. Some of the moves I would get stuck on and instead of going ahead to see how they were used in the combo - I would keep trying to understand them in the "learning part" and they did not make sense but once I did them in the combo - they made complete sense and then I was able to understand what she was doing/talking about. Two BIG examples: up and back in Step Hits and the 360 in Power Max - once I put it all together it was wonderful!

Hope that helps!

Gypsygirl >^..^<

I only have the Classics but I love it. It is challenging and always fun, but not as intense as the imax's so I use it on a "easy" day.ha ha. I also have time constrains. Hope this helps. Deanie

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.