Cardio Coach Users -Advice Needed Please

1gruntgal

Cathlete
Ok - I took the plunge & downloaded the Cardio Coach workouts!

I started listening to volume 1 & I guess my first questions are:

During the Warm up etc...if I am using a treadmill, should I @ level 1 be at a steady slow jog & then turning it up for the challenges etc?

When he says level 2 or 3 does that mean that I raise my incline to 2 or 3 & do you increase your speed as well?

Any advice you can give me would be appreciated. I think I'm going to like this, I just want to make sure I'm doing it right!

Thanks in advance!

You should read the Quick Start Guides on the CC website so you can learn about the different levels. CC levels do NOT correspond to numbers (speed or incline/resistance) on your machine. They are levels of perceived exertion. The settings you choose on your machine will be different than what I would choose, or what someone else would choose.

Whether you change your incline or speed for a given interval depends on Coach Sean's cues. He will tell you if you are doing a hill (change your incline) or a sprint (change your speed). Sometimes you change both (for what he calls "fast treks"). You'll have to play around to find the right settings for yourself. Level 2 is "steady state", usually at 0 incline - if you're a runner, it would be the equivalent of an easy jog.

Here's the guide for understanding the levels. This should help:
http://www.cardiocoach.com/aboutQSG4.php

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.