Cardio Coach Question

toughYrun

Cathlete
I have a Runervals DVD and love how it guides me through a TM interval workout by using a base pace as the starting point to add speed for specific amounts of time.

Do the Cardio Coach workouts use this same approach, or at least one that is similar?

Hey there soul sistah!

Cardio Coach is somewhat different in that it's designed to be used with any stationary cardio machine, and/or for outdoor running or walking. Rather than giving you precise settings, he uses his own system of perceived exertion based on a scale of 1 to 4, with 1 being the easiet, and 4 being the most intense. He tells you which level you should be in and you adjust your machine accordingly. There's a good explanation here: http://www.cardiocoach.com/cc_quickstart4.php

I've been using CC workouts for years and I love them!! I've gotten very used to using perceived exertion to gauge my effort. Anyway, I HTH!! Take care, my friend. :)

ETA there's a 25% discount on the workouts until January 31 with the coupon code dietgirl

Last edited:
You go, Michele! Bring on another convert!

BTW, have you gotten your first paycheck yet! ;) :eek:

Hey there soul sistah!

Cardio Coach is somewhat different in that it's designed to be used with any stationary cardio machine, and/or for outdoor running or walking. Rather than giving you precise settings, he uses his own system of perceived exertion based on a scale of 1 to 4, with 1 being the easiet, and 4 being the most intense. He tells you which level you should be in and you adjust your machine accordingly. There's a good explanation here: http://www.cardiocoach.com/cc_quickstart4.php

I've been using CC workouts for years and I love them!! I've gotten very used to using perceived exertion to gauge my effort. Anyway, I HTH!! Take care, my friend. :)

ETA there's a 25% discount on the workouts until January 31 with the coupon code dietgirl

Oops! Did I just goof up? Hey, everyone, I was just kidding around! Hope I don't get you in any trouble M.! :eek:

Dear SNM,

I promise that I am not now, nor have I ever been on the Cardio Coach payroll... even though it might seem like I am. :eek: :D

Thanks Michele! I'm sold. Since I don't know which workouts are best, I randomly chose #2 and #5. I'll give one of them a try next Wednesday in place of my normal interval run. :)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.