Cardio Coach - one question, please?

nancy156

Cathlete
In line with Shelley bringing up P90X, I also have a question that's probably been brought up about a million times. I did a half-hearted search but couldn't find the answer.

Ok, finally the question. I don't do much cardio - actually I hardly do any. I should join the "I hate cardio thread." I'm big into weight training so, on the outside, I probably don't look terrible but I'm really looking into picking up the pace. So, as you can guess, I'm not in great aerobic shape. I finally quit smoking three years ago, finally, and I don't feel that I have the endurance/wind I need to do much. (Basic Step can get me winded. Sad.)

Cardio Coach is having a sale of 25% off until tomorrow and I don't know the one I should start with. My DH bought me an ipod nano for my birthday and it's still sitting in the box two months later.

So, what do you think an old, winded girl like me should get. You get 25% if you buy two, which is what I was considering doing. But...it's a waste of money if I can't do any of them.

I get so nervous even considering starting a cardio rotation that I keep putting this purchase off.

Thanks for your help!!!

Nancy

ETA: The sale ends tomorrow if anyone is interested.

They go easiest to hardest by Volume. Vol.1 being easiest Vol.6 hardest. Although you can really do them all at your own level with any of them.

I'd get Volume 1 and 2 to start. Especially if you hate cardio. They are about 30 min.:)

Nancy, I'm LOL at you! We'd love to have you in the "I Hate Cardio" check-in. We're soooo misunderstood;)

I'm much like you. I used to smoke and I quit about 12 years ago. I've never much cared for cardio either but my DH just bought me an elliptical trainer and it's opened up a whole new world to me. I tried the 1st Cardio Coach and really liked it so I just ordered all of them a few minutes ago. In fact, I was getting ready to start a thread about it--lol!

I'll leave it up to the CC experts to guide you as to which ones are the best. I downloaded the the 1st one to my computer and have used it several times. I find the coaching very motivating. His clips are great--nice and long--and I think they give you a pretty good feel for what the w/o is like. I can't wait to get the rest of them:)

Good luck with your decision.

P.S. Not to confuse you, but you might want to look into the iClimb workouts on the iTrain website. Those are nice, too.

Thanks Michelle!

Yes, I guess it would help to listen to the clips. I'll do that now.
I was thinking of using it while walking. I know I can't run but maybe a little motivation will help "speed me up."

I hate cardio and, more than that, I'm afraid of it. I guess I don't like sweating much although I work up a dripping sweat during "Meaner Legs" and the rest.

This is the only component I don't have going for me. I eat fairly cleanly, workout with weights consistently for 5 years and yet have this layer of fat (about 8 - 10 lbs.) I would love to lose. It looks like it's cardio-time.

Thanks again!!!!!

Nancy

Nancy, here's the thing, don't feel like you have to kill yourself with the cardio. Take it easy at first. Think of weight lifting. You don't start out lifting heavy, you work up to it, and do a few more reps, then sets, then add weight etc., until you have a nice base. The same is true of cardio. Just do what you can. Push yourself a little, and get a little bit better over time. Cardio Coach is such a great motivator. I can't say enough about it. Just go buy some! :) I agree with the poster who recommended 1 & 2. Those are a great way to start.

Good luck!

I also highly recommend cardio coach. Start with 1 and 2 or 2 and 3. It really doesn't matter because I'm confident you'll end up with all of them once you start. They are highly addictive. You can go at your level. You'll find after a short while you'll be able to increase your levels as you get into better shape. If you have a heart rate monitor, you'll want to use it for these workouts.

I used to hate my treadmill; couldn't stay on it for more than 20 minutes and even that was pure torture. Now I'll do an hour or more using cardio coach and the time literally flies by.

Good luck and enjoy!!!

Buffy

I am a HUGE fan of Cardio Coach. I used to find the elliptical and bike to be drop dead boring, except when I took a spin class. Well, Cardio Coach has brought the fun back into cardio machines for me. The time flies and you can get a really intense workout. I tend to work much harder using CC than I ever did using cardio machines on my own. Volumes 1 and 2 are definitely the easiest and the shortest. Volume 3 is what I'd call more mid-intensity. Volumes 4 and 5 really pick up the pace and the difficulty (they are awesome). I haven't tried the Volumes 6 yet, but I'm looking forward to them.

I'd agree with the posters who said start with 1,2 and 3. If you like them, you'll definitely be back for the others later. Keep you eye on the CC web site. Sometimes they have 50% off sales. (That's how I got all mine, but I had to buy five at once).

Take Care,
Shelbygirl

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.