Cardio Coach #8 - Challenge 2

Ok, I want to know what settings you all use for this 2 - 8 minute challenge. I LOVE this challenge and can't believe I can do a continual job for 8 minutes. I have never been an endurance runner.

These were my settings from this morning for this challenge:

First 8 minute trek: incline of 4%, speed of 4.3.
Second 8 minute trek: incline of 4%, speed of 4.

How do you all do this challenge?

Debbie, isn't it GREAT? I love it. I have a hard time keeping it at Level 3 though... I'm quite sure I wind up at Level 4 more often than not, just because I refuse to adjust my settings. :p

I use an elliptical with settings from 0 to 10, and that uses RMP instead of MPH, so we really can't compare. But here are my settings anyhow: Resistance at 7, and I hover in the lower 60s RPM throughout. I should probably drop down to resistance 6 on the second trek, but I don't. :7

I LOVE this challenge! I thought I would loathe it because I really don't care for hills, but the music is so driving! I've only done it once so far and I'm a really slow runner, especially on hills. If I remember correctly, I did both hills at 5.0 mph, 2.5% or 3% grade. It definitely gets my heartrate up!!! :D

This challenge was a killer for me, too. When I first heard him say 2 - 8 minute challenges I about dropped!!! :eek: :eek: I love it even more when the challenge is done and I survived! :)

Marcia

I just got done doing this workout today. I wasnt able to complete the last challenge, I think I am too tired from doing 800 repeats yesterday. It was really humid yesterday and I was just worn out after doing 3 800's but anyway, I do the 2nd challenge at 2 or 2.5% incline running at 6.5-6.7 mph. I am trying to get under a 9 min pace.

Debbie, don't feel like a wimp. I did Vol. 8 yesterday for the first time in several weeks (on an elliptical) and I had to cut my resistance about 1/3 from the last time I did it. This workout humbles me like nothing else, especially the 2nd challenge! I do CC workouts at least 3 times a week, often 4, and I still find Vol. 8 to be one tough slog. ;)

ETA that despite it's difficulty, I still LOVE it!! }( :D

I've only done Vol. 8 once so far, but I'm pretty sure I remember doing Challenge 2 (both treks) at about 6.4-6.5 mph and a 4% incline. It just about killed me ;)

Debbie your not a wimp.
I don't run so my speed usually stays around 3.5mph and my incline goes up to 8-10% grade. Of course it all varies depending on how I am feeling in the morning.

I did CC 2 this morning and did the level 4 hill climbs at 15% incline (max for my TM) and 3.5 mph.

I go by perceived exertion. My heart rate is usually way over the zone levels that Seans talks about so I go by percieved exertion and I get a great workout.
Rhonda

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.