Cardio BArre???? feedback please

mimisonny02

hello all, has anyone tried the Cardio Barre Workout with Richard Giorla? I am considering trying it. After reading a few reviews people really like it. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Also, if you have tried this workout has anyone inputted it into the workout manager? thanks!

I have the Cardio Barre Ultimate Advanced, and I really like the workout. It's a great barre workout. I don't like the music, and I don't like the instructor very much, but the workout trumps the annoying factors. It's a great leg workout.

thank you for your feedback...I am planning to do it two days a week with High Step Circuit three days a week and push pull once...I just hope the Cardio Barre gives me a good burn.

I have cardio barre ultimate advanced and I really like it. Yeah, the music is kind of lame, and I have mixed feelings about Richard Giorla as an instructor...but on the whole I like this workout for a decent sweat + lower body, plus it's great option if you need a break from high impact routines. I'm not big on the upper body toning bit -- they hit a few muscles, but use super light weights (1 or 2 lbs I think?) and do VERY fast repetitions....I'd rather go a bit heavier and slow my reps down a tad, Cathe-style :cool:

You might already know, but you can go to collagevideo.com to preview workouts, and I think the cardio barre dvds are on there in case you want to take a look.

I have several barre workouts, and this is my least favorite. The movements are frenetic at times. My favorite barre workout is Tracy Mallett's Booty Barre. This one has a pretty good upperbody workout with it as well, and the music is decent.

Hi Stephanie! I have cardiobarre too (the dvd with 4 workouts, from beginner to advanced) and I like it a lot, but I consider it a sort of toning routine because you'll sweat... but not that much if compared to one of Cathe's cardio workouts. Anyway it's a great lower body workout , also because it helps to shake things up and work muscles in different ways.Also in this dvd you have high-speed/high-reps, in my opinion I'd rather lower the speed but increase the range of motion, and keep equal the number of reps (usually 32 for each exercise).

Considering purchasing Ultimate Advanced

Glad I found this thread...would love to hear more feedback about CB Ultimate Advanced. I've viewed the clips and know that the pace is fast, but it looks doable to me, especially since I tend to use barre workouts as add-on segments (mixed in with my regular cardio/strength work). Any additional thoughts on this workout?

Toaster - I love Ultimate Advanced Cardio Barre!

Music - okay; has a repetitive driving beat

Instructor - okay (some people find him annoying but he doesn't bother me; at one point he says something about working to get those sexy legs).

Cardio effect - Just as the title implies, it will give a cardio effect. I burn about 340 calories doing this workout. There is a cardio section where he does lots of repeaters and toe taps out and in to front and side (done quickly, of course).

Great seat/thigh/glute work; not as much quad work as P57. Lots of reps. Grand battement front and side are done in the center I think after the cardio section.

Calf work - leg lifts in front attitude done in releve; also plies in releve (IIRC)

Arm work - very hard to go over 2# (lots of reps and lots of tricep and shoulder work); there are pushups (I think about 16 - some done two-legged and some done 1-legged); also dips.

Core - planks and other stuff

Stretch - Good but could've been a little longer.

As has been said before, this workout goes at a very quick pace and can be hard for some people to maintain proper form. Proper form is essential for it to be an effective workout.

Bonus segments - Great! Arm work is mostly tricep work (killer tricep work!) done on different planes (standing, on all fours, supine) (14 minutes)

Power Thighs - 14 minutes. Mainly glute work done on the floor. You will definitely need more of a stretch than just the sage twist at the end. Your glutes will be fried!

Sorry I can't give more details right now. It's been a little while since I've done it. Next time I do it, I'll add to this review.

Marcy

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.