Can't seem to find an

npuzon

Cathlete
8 and 12 lb. dumbbells. I'm ready to increase my weights and only found a 10 lb. one. I live in northern New Jersey, can anyone suggest where I can find them. I checked out Sports Authority and Modells. Anywhere else I can look. Thanks for all your feedbacks.

Nette

In North Jersey you will have no problems finding cast iron dumbells. Check under "Exercise Equipment" in the yellow pages.

I bought mine at Dicks Sporting Goods - don't know whether there are any Dicks in Northern Jersey. I live in the Philly area so that's not too far from you I guess. They have an excellent selection of cast iron weights. Good luck.

I have purchased my dumbells from stores such as Walmart (though I loathe advertising for this store) and Kmart. Try your luck!

Clare

[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON Oct-21-02 AT 01:12PM (Est)[/font][p]Try Target. That's the only place I have seen 8's and 12's. Wal-mart nor Sports Authority doesn't carry them in those sizes (just the 5# increments). At least this is my experience in my area, New England.

Another thing you can do while you're still searching is to use 1 to 2# ankle wieghts on your wrists in addition to the dumbell to simulate the heavier poundage. I do this to get 12.5's and 17.5's. It works to get me past that in between stage.

Hi!

Are you familiar with Route 22? There's a store called Fitness 2000 (Rte. 22 East) that has just about everything you'll need. It's right across the Wiz (which is located in the center "island".

[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON Oct-21-02 AT 05:35PM (Est)[/font][p]I was just browsing at Kmart today in the exercise section and saw them there. I've seen them at Target and Walmart too.Dicks Sporting Goods also.. Good Luck! Susan

Thanks mrsprice!!

Drove to Route 22 this p.m. and got my 8 and 12 lb. dumbbells at Fitness 2000. Thanks again!!!

Nette

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.