Canadian Supplier

coradora

Cathlete
Hi,

I noticed that CK Sales appears to have shut down. Will there be a new Canadian supplier that we will be able to order DVDs from?

Thanks
Corrie

Corrie, I don't think there is anyone else we can order them from. It works to our advantage that the CAD is good these days. I was holding off on preordering for alittle while but maybe I should go ahead just in case the CAD goes back down! I never thought about that till now!

Lori:)

You're right - I never thought about how good the dollar was right now. I really want to order STS, but I have to wait until next month for my birthday (and to catch up from Christmas LOL!) I had wanted to order direct from Cathe before, but the exchange rate was so high and I was worried about all the extras coming across the border. I was glad to see that the DVD are shipped by mail.

Lori, do you know of anywhere to get 12 pound weights? I think I'll have to order them online - I have searched Crappy Tire, Sears and Wal-mart and they all jump from 10 to 15. I live in a rural area so there aren't many other options.

Thanks
Corrie

I know its a hard time of yr to spend money on yourself but I went ahead and did it. I choose the 3 month plan so hopefully the dollar won't go down in the next little while. I haven't told DH though and I won't unless he ask!LOL
When I ordered the 4DS series I didn't pay any duty charges at the door which makes me think that it is built in the cost of the shipping or taxes. I know thats what VS does and thats why it is so expensive to order from there even though the dollar is so good right now.
I was going to tell you that I bought my weights at walmart but that would have been a lie. I bought them when I was in Ontario visiting. Im not sure if i was in Ottawa or TO.I bought them at Sports Chek, I think. Have you checked there?
I bought a TM last week at CT and this week they went on sale even cheaper. We went back with our receipt and got a credit note, did you know you could do that? There is a time frame where if something goes on sale, you can go back with your receipt and get your money back. I thought the money was going to go back on my cc but they just gave me a in store credit. I then bought myself and new ball and some 25 lbs db's. I didn't know if you knew they had this policy...thought I would let you know.
Hope you find those weights. Its a big jump from 10-15 lbs and sometimes impossible!

Lori:)

Corrie, you should be able to get 12lbs weights no problem at Walmart or Cdn Tire. If they're not on the shelf, ask someone in Customer Service. It could be they're just out of stock.

I live in Ontario but I don't think the selection for that would be any better here.

I wanted a 15lb weight at Xmas and my Cdn Tire was just out of stock at the time but they said they normally stock it.

Do you have a Fitness Depot, Sport Chek there? I'd also check they Yellow Pages for stores that just supply Fitness Equipment. They will definetly have them.

Hope this helps,

Patricia

Hi Corrie,

I used to order my DVDs from CK Sales. I had looked into buying them from Cathe but the shipping charges were too high (18 $US from 1 DVD)

With the exchange rate so good, I bought some DVDs from Avancedworkouts.com which is an "official" Cathe distributor located in the US. Shipping was free for orders over 50$. I got good service. I didin't have to pay GST ou QST upon receiving my and haven't received any additionnal charges so far (touching wood!!!) This Web site seems to me as a good alternative to CK Sales.

HTH
Nathalie

Thanks everyone!

I'll have to check if Canadian Tire will order in the 12 pound weights for me. I have been checking their stock for months and they have never had them in stock. I couldn't find the 12 pounders on their website either, so I thought they did not stock them. I asked at Wal-Mart and they did not stock them at all here.

I live in Nelson, BC and we don't have any of the sports store closer than about a 5 hour drive (a scary one in the winter:)).

I will check out Advancedworkouts for my DVDs. I am looking at getting the Gym Style series, so my order will be way over the $50 mark.

I drive through Canada on my way to work (live in Northern MN). I saw Canadian Tire and thought it was a tire shop!!! Too funny, I'll have to go check it out now. :D :D
~Melanie~

Jadon born 11/23/05
Justin born 1/17/04
Jory born 4/9/94

LOL! That's too funny Melanie - I think they started out as a tire store in the 1920s - I have no idea why they haven't changed their name. They have a little bit of everything: automotive of course, but also sporting goods, housewares, hardware stuff, pet supplies and seasonal stuff. You should check it out! I love wandering around seeing what they have.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.