Can you MATCH Cathe?

mini-natty

Cathlete
Ok, time to show off...

Who can match Cathe in any particular workout? Either with weight #'s or reps? Have you been able to complete ALL those plie jacks from Imax3 or curl a 35lbs barbell in Muscle Max? Can you lift your leg up as high as Cathe during Turbo Barre?

On the contrary, is there one particular workout or exercise that "frustrates" you because you try to match Cathe (time and time again) and just can't? Spider Mountain Climber's in Afterburn anyone?

Have a great day :)

Natasha

I can do the spider man mountain climbers!:D I pretty much have most of Afterburn down except the part where she does the dragging plank and 2 push ups, I can only do 1 push up with those and my pace slows way down so I wind up being behind her on the count. In fact, that's pretty much true of any workout where she's doing push ups! Sometimes I just sit there in amazement as she keeps going and going long after I've hit my limit!:eek:

I have a tough time keeping my leg up high in Turbo Barre too! It just sinks lower and lower as the leg lifts keep coming:eek:. I can go pretty heavy on all of the weighted leg work she does though. In STS, B&G and LBB I can match her on all the weights!:D

I can pretty much match Cathe pound for pound except for shoulders, no surprise here based on my other posts. It all makes sense now :)

Colleen I am with you, I can't match Cathe with the pushups, which is why I joined the Push It group with Natty. It blows my mind I can be so close to Cathe in everything else, and miles away on pushups. In CCC, I cannot keep pace with Cathe in all of the roll back, roll forward moves (into a jump or a pushup).

In cardio, I do a pretty good job keeping up, sometimes I have to throw in an extra break. For example, I might have to throw in some longer breaks in Imax3 and I have to add a 60 second break in Intensity after step before Hiit.

Like, Colleen, I do a great job in LB workouts. My proudest accomplishment is doing the entire Butts and Guts workout, no extra breaks, and with a heavier barbell (40lbs) and ankle weights (3lbs).

Natty What about you? I know you have plenty of bragging to do!

Susan

Lower Body I pretty much match Cathe also. It's the UB that I lack significantly.

Butts and Gutts was a huge milestone for me as well.

I do the same once I stop, I will just stare drop jawed or I get billigerent sometimes. Abs I watch in amazement particularly when it comes to the ball work or when she raise her butt and hips up she makes it look effortless. The sgn of a true pro.

Sarah

Interesting you bring this up!

I was doing Slow & Heavy today (and the last two days), and realized that I go heavier than Cathe does in almost every move. I am definitely not as strong as she is, so I assume that she just went lighter on this older workout.

I always at least match or go a bit heavier in PUB and Pure Strength too. I match her exactly in the GymStyles.

For workouts besides STS, because the weights are so individualized I don't even bother to compare

...on legs, I typically match or exceed Cathe; on upper body, except chest and back (my weak areas), I usually match Cathe.

I feel super proud of myself when I "beat" Cathe's weight load, but then I remember that heaven only knows how many times she's had to repeat a given exercise on filming day. This brings me back to humility at warp speed! :eek:

At the Chicago road trip question and answer session, Cathe said she usually goes 10 to 15 lbs lighter than she would really u

As far as weight training goes, it varies from work out to work out and even day to day. Off the top of my head all I can tell you is that the only body part I rarely if ever can even just MATCH Cathe at is biceps!!! OMG-the woman is an animal!:eek: This is one of the reasons why I love her though! ;):D

At the Chicago road trip question and answer session, Cathe said she usually goes 10 to 15 lbs lighter than she would really u

Oh my!:eek: I can't think of Cathe going even heavier than what she does in some of her heavy weights workout!!!She is SUPER HUMAN!
Well, if I'm well, feeling with good energy level, I usually can match her for cardio (AB, CSS, Imax2, MIC, Intensity, HIIT workout a part from kick butts in 40/20) , for Imax3 it rarely happens but sometimes it does...When it comes to weight lifting, I still have a long way ahead of me before matching her esp. with UB load. But good to know there's always room to grow!That's what keep me going!;)

Good question! I have to use much lighter weights for almost everything. I come closest to matching her in legs and my worst is triceps. I just sit there with my eyes bugging out watching her do triceps. I always push myself as much as I can and continue to get stronger so I don't worry about it too much. I do use heavier weights than Cathe for the lunges in Gym Style Legs. The first time I realized that I needed to go heavier I worried that I was doing something wrong!:D

Oh my!:eek: I can't think of Cathe going even heavier than what she does in some of her heavy weights workout!!!She is SUPER HUMAN!
Well, if I'm well, feeling with good energy level, I usually can match her for cardio (AB, CSS, Imax2, MIC, Intensity, HIIT workout a part from kick butts in 40/20) , for Imax3 it rarely happens but sometimes it does...When it comes to weight lifting, I still have a long way ahead of me before matching her esp. with UB load. But good to know there's always room to grow!That's what keep me going!;)

I'm surprised it's only 10-15 lbs. I remember hearing STS filming went for 12-15 hours per day. And I believe she also had the flu. I can't imagine doing bicep curls or military presses w/my normal weight for 12 hours straight! :eek:

I am completely psyched for conquering her turbo bar,and slide and glide dvds in its entirety :eek: I cant be more thrilled! Some of her moves i never thought I would ever be able to conquer like the spiderman tree climber or even the burpees w/pushups! "What a feeling that is!!!" :D

I can usually match her on bi's and tri's...
I can't see how she uses #35 for chest flys, my arms would break off at the shoulders!

I can't ever seem to finish the ab section on Pyramid Upper body - by the time I finish the first set of pikes on the ball - I can't seem to hold and lift the leg on it - my arms and core are fried. I rarely to this one after the actual workout - the upper body is too spent to hold those pikes and planks!

Honestly, there are somethings I can match her with but since she is a PRO and I'm not, I don't feel so bad.
Fun thread, Natty.

My Cathe goal

I would love to be able to match Cathe on chin-ups ala STS - she does 12, so that's my target number. To me chin-ups/pull-ups are THE hardest exercise ever.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.