Can someone help me make a rotation?

katia7

Cathlete
I mostly have advanced videos but can't seem to complete any of them. I used to have no problem with them, but I had to take a year off from working out. I've been working out for year year since, but still can't complete them. So I want a rotation that will get my cardiovascular endurance up and help me lose some body fat (about 15 lb).
Workouts I have:
Low Max
IM3
All Body Blast DVDs
All IS videos
All CTX videos except CTX upper body
Body Max (video)
Rhythmic Step (video)
Power Hour
Pure Strength

I also have a few none Cathe's step cardios which I for the most part can complete.
And I like to go for a run once a week but I can't run more than 1/2 a mile lol.
And I have access to the gym.

I can workout all 6 days a week, Sunday being a rest day. And on Tuesday I like to take a hi/lo class at the gym.

Can someone help me with a rotation? I would REALLY appreciate it.

As far as how to progress on completing the Cathe step cardios, here are some tips and ways to proceed.

1. Lower your step height to bring down the intensity. Once you can complete the whole workout on the lower step height, start bringing it back up slowly. For example, you might raise the step for the first combination in Step Blast, then go back down for the remainder. Soon you'll do the first to combos with the higher step, etc.
2. Take out most of the 'power' moves. These would include power 15's/7's, power knee ups, power knees around the world, etc. Keep as much as you can grounded. When you can complete the full workout, then slowly add the power back in.
3. Set small goals. For example, once you can complete all of the Step Blast combos, set the goal that you'll do only one of the three intensity blasts at the end. Once you get good at doing one blast, aim for two blasts, etc.
4. Remember that you don't have to do 'the whole thing' exactly like Cathe and crew do. Modifying, taking out intensity that bothers you, eliminating moves bad for your body, etc., are perfectly acceptable. The workout has to work for you, not the other way around.

A possible rotation could be two 6 day weeks which alternate. Week one is 4 days cardio w/ two weight training days. Week two is 3 days cardio, 1 day circuit, 2 days weight training.

Sample week 1
Monday- Low Max (maybe one of the premixes to start)
Tuesday- your hi/lo class
Wednesday- Supersets or full body weights at gym.
Thursday- Kick Punch Jam
Friday- Step Blast
Saturday- Muscle Endurance or full body weights at gym.
Sunday- rest

Sample week 2
Monday- Circuit Max
Tuesday- your hi/lo class
Wednesday- Push Pull or full body weights at gym (or if you want to do a split, Pyramid Upper Body)
Thursday- Rhythmic Step
Friday- Power Hour or full body weights at gym or second part of split (i.e Pyramid Lower Body)
Saturday- IMAX 3
Sunday- rest

That doesn't utitlize all your videos, but if you go the Ultimate Guide thread at the top of this forum, you could see where the other workouts you have fall in categories and substitute accordingly.

This is just my two cents. Hope it helps!

This is what I do that has really helped me build endurance....I workout 2x/day (AM & PM)

Sunday: Upper Body & Cardio
Monday: Lower Body & Cardio
Tuesday: Abs & Cardio (Your hi/lo class)
Wednseday: Circuit Training
Thursday: Abs & Interval Training (IMAX 3)
Friday: Full Body Strength training and Cardio
Saturday: Stretch or Yoga (Maybe swim or light cardio)

Just plug in whatever videos you have for each day...

Hope you get some help....

Here's something I came up. For each workout just do as much as you can. Your endurance will improve if you push yourself and just keep at it. Good Luck!

WEEK ONE
M--Cardio & Weights
T--hi/lo at gym
W--Muscle Endurance
Th--Rhythmic Step
Fri--CTX Power Circuit...cardio and abs only
S--Body Max...Cardio and upper only (skip leg drills)
S--REST

WEEK TWO
M--Bootcamp
T--Hi/lo
W--Cardio & Weights or a step/weights premix from SJP
Th--CTX Kickbox...cardio and abs only
F--Supersets
S--Lo Max
S--REST

WEEK THREE
M--PUB and abs
T--hi/lo
W--Legs & Glutes
Th--Step Blast
F--PUB and abs
S--Run and CTX Step & Intervals...cardio only
S--REST

WEEK FOUR
M--Pure Strength CST and abs
T--hi/lo
W--KPC and abs
Th--Pure Strength BBA and run
F--Rhythmic Step
S--Pure Strength Legs & abs
S--REST

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.