Calories in vs. calories out?

mizlaur123

Cathlete
Hi Everyone,
I have been trying to do South Beach diet for a little less then a month now. I did phase one and lost about 7 pounds. But when i moved to phase two i almost immediately gained a few pounds back. This left me discouraged about this diet. I have heard that if you lose weight on a low-carb diet that the second you start eating carbs again you gain it right back. Does anyone know if this is true even if you watch your calorie intake? I am a female, 5'7 and weigh about 160. If i did phase one of south beach one more time then just made sure to burn more calories then i consumed would i gain weight instead of lose? Thanks!

Lauren

I would also like to add that I workout 4-5 days a week. Usually for about an hour and a half to two hours. I do about 45 mins of cardio then about another 45 of weights. When i'm not doing that i like circuit training. I didn't know if this was relevant at all. haha!

Well, you don't immediately "gain" weight - but you do gain water weight. It's discouraging to see the scale jump up, but that is all that it is - water, not fat.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.