calories burned?

feebs21

Hi all! I know this will be different for each person and each workout, but approximately how many calories does one burn doing a cathe strength workout and a cardio workout (approx. 60 minutes)? I'm just curious to see around how many calories I burn doing these workouts versus running.

THanks in advance!

I wore my HRM during KPC, and I burned about 400 calories throughout the whole thing (including abs & stretch)

I'm 5'4.75 and 130 pounds, 38 yrs old.

According to my HR monitor, I average the following:
Cardio & Weights -- 370 calories
Boot Camp -- 385 calories
IMAX 2 -- 405 calories
Muscle Endurance -- 310 calories

I'm 42 years old and 5'6", 150 lbs.

Hallo,

according to my Polar M51 I burn around 300 calories in an hour of high intensity cardio (KPC and the likes). Mic gets me up to about 330...;)) I have a pretty low max heart rate, which is why my overall heartrate isn't that high even in an intense workout which partly explains the low calorie spenditure. I'm 5'4 and about 110 pounds. Strength workouts are only about 0-150 cals...;/, enduarence and leg workouts burn the most...

Maria

Thanks for a good post.

I've been thinking that my heart rate monitor way over-exaggerated my calorie expenditure. I have a Cardio Zone monitor because I couldn't fork over for a Polar one. But it's like having a scale that you know isn't accurate but you like it because it shows you're lighter than you really are.

My average heart rate for Cathe cardio is usually between 155 and 165 (not counting warm up and cool down), and my calories burned registers in the 700-800 range. I know this is way too good to be true, but I would be interested to read more posts to find out just how far my HR monitor is off.

Could you guys include your average heart rate with your calories burned?

Thanks,

Carol F

Thanks for a good post.

I've been thinking that my heart rate monitor way over-exaggerated my calorie expenditure. I have a Cardio Zone monitor because I couldn't fork over for a Polar one. But it's like having a scale that you know isn't accurate but you like it because it shows you're lighter than you really are.

My average heart rate for Cathe cardio is usually between 155 and 165 (not counting warm up and cool down), and my calories burned registers in the 700-800 range. I know this is way too good to be true, but I would be interested to read more posts to find out just how far my HR monitor is off.

Could you guys include your average heart rate with your calories burned?

Thanks,

Carol F

Hi,

my heart rate in a high intensity workout is around 140-160, during intervals a little higher (my max is 180). Moderate workouts are around 130-145. Hope this helps.

Maria

Hi,

my heart rate in a high intensity workout is around 140-160, during intervals a little higher (my max is 180). Moderate workouts are around 130-145. Hope this helps.

Maria

Thanks for the responses guys! Now, my next question...do you think you burn more calories running for the same amount of time as a cathe cardio workout? I've always been told you burn about 100 calories per mile. If this is the case, it sounds like I'd burn more calories running for an hour than doing a cardio tape? I realize it will vary greatly due to intensity level and intervals, etc. But I just want a general idea of which might burn more calories.

THanks!

Thanks for the responses guys! Now, my next question...do you think you burn more calories running for the same amount of time as a cathe cardio workout? I've always been told you burn about 100 calories per mile. If this is the case, it sounds like I'd burn more calories running for an hour than doing a cardio tape? I realize it will vary greatly due to intensity level and intervals, etc. But I just want a general idea of which might burn more calories.

THanks!

Yes, I definitely burn more calories (according to my hr monitor) during running. A 60-minute Cathe cardio video averages around 400 calories for me. A 60-minute run averages about 600 calories.

My heartrate goes higher than any Cathe workout when I run. It's between 150 - 160 while I run and with Cathe cardios it's usually around 140.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.