Calories burned PHA3 vs. Perfect HIIT

loneswaneast

Cathlete
I love both of these programs, but am curious if anyone has compared the calorie burn for both. I am exhausted after PHA30, even more so than any of Cathe's cardio programs, including To the Max and Crossfire.
I don't have a calorie heart monitor.....anyone?
Thanks.

According to the Workout Manager the Step Boss PHA3 workout burns 434 calories. The Perfect 30 High Impact Hiit workout burns 287. That is without any premixes added on to either. PHA3 is almost 55 mins in length whereas the Perfect 30 workout you mentioned is of course just over 30 min.

I agree that PHA3 is more fatiguing than Perfect 30 Hiit or CrossFire or To the Max - not only is it longer but moving those heavier weights is tough and moving through the moves at a fairly rapid pace also adds an element of challenge. It is one of the toughest workouts for me. o_O;)

For me personally, I don't worry about calorie burn. When I am building muscle I know that my metabolism will be revved up and my body composition will change for the better, regardless of how many calories I am burning. Right now I am on week 3 of STS - the calorie burn is relatively low, but the intensity and fatigue factor is very high!!

Sometimes I alter the PHA 3 and PHA 2 workouts. Yesterday I did Ripped Back and Biceps so today I am doing the PHA 3 legs and when any chest, triceps, shoulders exercise appears I do that. When back or biceps appears I will replace it with one of the gym style or ICY set of chest triceps or shoulders. Because somedays I want to do something but not everything the shuffle can be interesting . Have a great day.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.