Calories burned in Shock Cardio

Zozo

Cathlete
I haven't done all the workouts yet, but I thought I'd post my calorie expenditure on the workouts I have done. I know people like to see which burns more calories :)
I am 5 foot 8 inches
133 pounds

MMA Boxing: Total workout excluding warm up :441 calories
MMA Fusion: 469 including warm up. No cool down, as I was moving on to another workout.
Cardio Core Circuit: 545
HIIT 30/30: no warm up as it was a tag on to something else: 231
MMA boxing bonus bag: 197

Hope this is helpful to some people. If anyone has their calorie expenditure for workouts that I haven't yet done (although I'll update when I have) I'd appreciate it if you could write them down :)

476 for 40/40????!!! That's awesome! I saw it in the rotation, as a stand alone workout, and I subd it! I wish I hadn't! I might just do that one tonight...

Does anyone else find that the calories in the workout manager are much lower than ACTUAL calories burned, according to the heart rate monitor. Not for EVERY workout, but for most?

I have found that they are usually pretty close (within 10 cals) for MOST workouts, but occasionally workout manager's cals burned is a little higher.

How do you figure out how many calories you have burned during a workout? Can someone explain the steps in the workout manager than allows you to track calories. Thanks,

Kristen

I wear a HRM, but in the workout manager there is an estimated calories burned value that is automatically assigned to each workout. It is pretty close to what my HRM says. Fairly accurate. When you AD a workout in the WM, you will see down the list "calories burned". There is also a MET value attached to the workout. Say there is a MET value of 8 assigned to the workout and an estimated 500 calories burned... BUT you feel that you were only working out at a MET 7 level (say you were up really late the night before) you can change the MET value to 7 and the calories burned will also change accordingly.
I hope this helps! :)

The way you see the details of the workout that Hangwild mentioned is by hitting the Show Details button near where it says the workout that you did (if it is already in the calendar - say you downloaded a rotation and the workouts are already in the calendar) or when you hit the Add a workout button you get to the place automatically.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.