Calories Burned in HiiT?

Saturn

Cathlete
Has anyone done the HiiT workouts using a HR monitor that measures calories burned? I am really curious about how many calories (on average) a 30 minute workout of this sort burns. I did the 30/30 today and worked my rear off, but since it was so short I wonder if I am expending many cals. Thanks.

Hi Saturn! I don't know where all those responses are now but as I have been reading the forums here and there I know that some were tracking this and posting their caloric expenditures.

Has anyone done the HiiT workouts using a HR monitor that measures calories burned? I am really curious about how many calories (on average) a 30 minute workout of this sort burns. I did the 30/30 today and worked my rear off, but since it was so short I wonder if I am expending many cals. Thanks.

Thanks Cathe! I will do a search to see what I can come up with. Thank you so much for all of your fantastic workouts, and Happy New Year!

I did 40/20 today. I was dogging halfway through the butt kicks, but did the rest as produced. I'm 42 years old, 5'2", 124 lbs, and burned 229 calories (using a Polar F4).

HTH,

I'm 44, 5'2" and 131 pounds and used a Polar F4.

30/30 - 274 calories
Double Wave Pyramid - 281 calories

Marcy

The thing with doing a HiiT workout is that it stimulates your metablolism for hours afterwards so its not about how much is burned during the workout.

Thos are still some good calories burns for such short workouts. Even though the workout is 1/2 an hour, ten minutes of that is warm up and cool down, so it's really only 20 minutes long. Good work, ladies! (and gent)

The thing with doing a HiiT workout is that it stimulates your metablolism for hours afterwards so its not about how much is burned during the workout.
bliss.gif

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.