Calorie Deficit Error

jldx2in2000

Cathlete
I actually ate over my TDEE one day but noticed that the excess calories still showed up as a calorie deficit.

Is there some way to differentiate between a calorie deficit and a calorie excess? Would allowing the program to show a positive or negative sign in front of the number solve the problem?

Thanks!

calorie deficit

If you consume more calories than your TDEE your calorie deficit should be "0". I just ran a test where I entered 300 more calories than my TDEE and my calorie deficit showed correctly as zero. Are you sure you were looking at the calorie deficit tab?

I just double checked and I am looking at the calorie deficit tab. I ate well above my TDEE and it shows it as a deficit not 0.

Thanks!

My TDEE for the day in question (2/3/11) was 2155. I attached a picture of the calories consumed (on the left) and the calorie deficit (on the right) tabs. The day I overate shows a deficit of 1992. If I wanted to manually sum the information in that side table, I would think I underate by way more than I did since it does not show that day as an overage amount.

Thanks!

Attachments

• deficit ex.jpg
    deficit ex.jpg
    12.8 KB · Views: 5
The way the Deficit currently works is your "Tab" for calorie deficit will show a value of "Zero" whenever you consume more calories than you burn. Your picture is not showing the "Tab", but instead the individual values. I agree we need to add a negative value for a deficit and keep a surplus positive. This might take us a few weeks, but we will assign to a developer to be completed.

calorie deficit

We have now changed this so that a calorie deficit (you eat less than you burn) will now show as a negative number and a calorie surplus (you eat more than you burn) will show as a positive number. Also, if you have a calorie surplus for the day the number in the Calorie Deficit tab will now be "red" altering you that you have consumed more calories than you have burned.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.