cadio twice a day?

sugar20

Hi everyone,
I've gained quite a few pounds over the holidays from the usual junk food and no exercising. I really need to get in shape because I obviously don't feel good about myself or look as good as last year. I also can't fit into half my pants and I don't want to go through the hassle of buying new temporary clothes.

Anyway, I just joined a gym and was wondering if taking 2 cardio classes a day every once in a while would help me lose the pounds more quickly? The classes usually end up being 30-40 minutes of cardio (some less intense than others) after stretching, etc. Or should I do lots and lots of weight machines to up my metabolism? I really don't see myself eating less or better because it hasn't worked for me in the past. I know there's no quick fixes but I really want to speed up my weight loss (about 8lbs).

Thanks for any help!!!

changing things around/diet

Both methods will work since changing things around is what helps keep your metabolism charged. But you also want to be careful not to overtrain. Therefore, you do not have to do two cardio classes a day more than every once in a while(as you have suggested). You also do not have to do lots and lots of weight machines. Just do enough to equal a total body workout and that will be fine. Select a challenging weight and focus on your reps (doing 3 sets of 12 reps per machine)instead of rushing through them.

Are you sure you won't consider eating a better diet. I really think that the combination of diet and exercise is the most effective way to lose body fat in a safe and timely manner. Yes, you are right, there are no quick fixes for weight loss, but the combination of diet and exercise vs just one without the other will certainly speed things up for you.

Good Luck!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.