~#~#c/t/humpday#~#~

So sorry Kate!! Feed, feed, feed Julia where the clog is. That's the only thing that worked for me. Rest up so it doesn't turn into mastitis!

Lisa

kate, feel better. maybe a hot shower too?

lisa, yeah on new dvds!

anne, glad you have a respite from business until at least 10.

colleen, how many days in a row for the doms? i am impressed!

patti, great wo.

i need a yummy clean pasta recipe for tomorrow that is not same old pasta and tomato sauce. any ideas? my day was good. i actually enjoyed being with my dad. and i have had guilt pains ever since. i want to punish him for leaving our family, but when i do, it seems i am the one who loses. it was just nice today. finn will start swim lessons friday! got b and g standing leg work done and eats were clean. good night all.

just have a sec...

nina...
not clean, but you can health it up esy enough

Spicy Spaghetti Pie
Serves 4 to 6

Thin spaghetti can be used in place of vermicelli.

12 ounces vermicelli (see note)
Salt
4 ounces sliced deli pepperoni , chopped fine
1 onion , chopped
3 (14.5-ounce) cans diced tomatoes
1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
3/4 cup heavy cream
1/2 cup chopped fresh basil
2 cups shredded Mexican cheese blend
1. Adjust oven rack to upper-middle position and heat oven to 475 degrees. Spray 9-inch pie plate with cooking spray. Bring 4 quarts water to boil in large pot. Add pasta and 1 tablespoon salt to boiling water and cook until al dente. Drain pasta and return to pot.

2. Meanwhile, cook pepperoni in large skillet over medium-high heat until crisp, about 2 minutes. Add onion and cook until softened, about 2 minutes. Stir in tomatoes, pepper flakes, and ¼ teaspoon salt and bring to boil. Reduce heat to medium and simmer until sauce is thickened and reduced to 4 cups, about 10 minutes; cover and keep warm.

3. Transfer 2 cups tomato sauce to pot with hot pasta, with cream, basil, and cheese and toss to combine. Transfer mixture to prepared pie plate and press with spatula to flatten surface. Bake until golden brown and bubbling, 10 to 15 minutes. Let cool 5 minutes. Serve, passing remaining sauce at table.

or....

ive made this healthed-up. very awesome! used ch sausage, ww pasta, omit cream
super yum
Spicy Pasta Bake with Sausage
Serves 4

If you want a less-spicy dish or can’t find Ro-Tel tomatoes, substitute 1 1/4 cups canned diced tomatoes. Andouille, linguica, or kielbasa sausage can be substituted for the chorizo.

1 pound chorizo sausage , halved lengthwise and sliced thin
1 onion , chopped fine
4 garlic cloves , minced
3 cups low-sodium chicken broth
1 (10-ounce) can Ro-Tel tomatoes (see note)
1/2 cup heavy cream
12 ounces penne pasta
Salt and pepper
2 cups shredded Pepper Jack cheese
4 scallions , sliced thin
1. Adjust oven rack to upper-middle position and heat broiler. Cook chorizo and onion in large oven-safe skillet over medium-high heat until lightly browned, about 8 minutes. Add garlic and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds.

2. Stir in broth, tomatoes, cream, pasta, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/2 teaspoon pepper and bring to boil. Cover pan and reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer, stirring frequently, until pasta is tender, about 15 minutes.

3. Off heat, uncover pan and stir in 1/2 cup cheese. Top with remaining cheese and broil until cheese is melted and spotty brown, about 3 minutes. Sprinkle with scallions. Serve.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.