Buying A New Step

Hi Everyone! If you are Step Crazy like me I found The Step on Amazon and it looks really cool! Now, I haven’t bought it yet, but what I really liked was the risers! If anyone has done Cathe’s chest exercises she does it on the Step, but sometimes you have to tilt it. Cathe does have a riser that does automatically tilts it, but you have to go on Amazon and you but it there separately. Okay, but what I am really excited about is if you buy The Step you can get two risers and you can use it to tilt the Step for you and you can use them as regular risers, too.

I have own my my Step for more then two years now and when it starts to get older you notice when you step on it starts to feel unstable. For me, now I know it sounds silly, when I put my one riser on each side, I make sure it is lock. The risers isn’t loose. I know that this sound crazy put I do a sound and feel test with Step. I first do a basic step in the middle, it sounds good feels good and sound good I got to the right corner of the step. I put my right foot on the right corner on the step and I step on it a little hard. From that test, I hear a noise, and that noise tell me if it is loose or it is locked and I can use it. If the noise is a dull sound, good to go, but it isn’t, I move the riser around. If everything is good, then I go to the left side and do the same thing.

I noticed that my Step does move sometimes when I workout and I thought new riser they have might work better. My floor is like a wooden floor.

If the have any comments, that would be cool.

It says on The Step that the bench holds 350 pounds, but if you put one riser on each it holds 500 pounds.

There is The Step website where you can buy it not on Amazon, but it doesn’t have the tilted risers you buy a full Step.

I did buy the Step from SouthernGirl, it is two inches less and it doesn’t have the same material the Original Step has on it. When I was doing Pendulums on the SouthernGirl Step it holds your foot more, so you might Trip more with that step the the Original Gym Step. I wouldn’t buy it again.
Thanks, Jen Den

If you go to the website for the original step, you can see the new risers with the incline. They still sell the older version. The top is also a different material than what it use to be. It's now a black pebble mat instead of the black ribbed mat. I'm not sure how that would feel for stepping but it sounds great for upper body work. I've had my teal step that I bought from Walmart for at least 12+ yrs now. I don't do as much step as I use to or as much as I would like, but mine still seems to be in tip top shape. But I would like to buy a few of the new risers!!!
http://www.thestep.com/Health-Clubs-Instructors/Original-Steps-Universal

If you go to the website for the original step, you can see the new risers with the incline. They still sell the older version. The top is also a different material than what it use to be. It's now a black pebble mat instead of the black ribbed mat. I'm not sure how that would feel for stepping but it sounds great for upper body work. I've had my teal step that I bought from Walmart for at least 12+ yrs now. I don't do as much step as I use to or as much as I would like, but mine still seems to be in tip top shape. But I would like to buy a few of the new risers!!!
http://www.thestep.com/Health-Clubs-Instructors/Original-Steps-Universal
Yes, I bought the Step from that website! I like that the Step had the rubber part. What I was wondering the offer the Step on Amazon from the Step, which is from the original step and it looks like it has the same texture it has from the original website Step.

Thanks,

Jen Den

I bought these risers a few years ago, maybe 6 years ago. I am very pleased with them. I can set the step on the side as well, which I do for hip thrusts.

I bought these risers a few years ago, maybe 6 years ago. I am very pleased with them. I can set the step on the side as well, which I do for hip thrusts.
View attachment 6645
As for doing Step routines on those risers, can you do it?? And it you do does the bench step move or does it stay in place like a normal step riser??

Thanks! By the way, thanks for the pic!! The pic is what the step riser looks on the Amazon Website!!

Jen Den

As for doing Step routines on those risers, can you do it?? And it you do does the bench step move or does it stay in place like a normal step riser??

Thanks! By the way, thanks for the pic!! The pic is what the step riser looks on the Amazon Website!!

Jen Den

Hi Jennifer, Yes the risers sit under the step in the same way that the normal risers do, and they sit on the grooves as well. They also sit under other risers just fine. So you can use it both ways. It's solid for stepping, or using the step as a flat bench as well as an incline. You could use one, but for the incline, I usually use both. It also has a sideways groove, which I only use for hip thrusts. (in the photo, the slightly lighter grey is the riser for slants).

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.