Bummed, have pneumonia...

JULSCARVER

Cathlete
And haven't been able to workout for 2 weeks due to shortness of breath, fatigue. I feel so guilty not exercising even though I know it's not because I'm being lazy.
I'm also afraid how much my fitness is going to have been affected. I'm normally healthy, can do her hardest workouts so I'm hoping I haven't lost too much.
Can I tell you how much I really miss not being able to mark the workouts I normally would have done in the calendar on workout nation??!!!!
Thanks for letting me vent...
Julie

Julie,

So sorry to read you have pneumonia. We understand your frustration about not being able to do what you love. Rest is so important when you have pneumonia. I had it in my first year of University. It lasted 1 month. And, because I did not take care of myself, I ended up with a secondary infection. I now have lots of problems with the right side of my lung - all these years later. My fault. I feel for ya and pray for a speedy recovery so you can get back at it.

I know how you feel. I had a rotator cuff repair a few years ago and had my arm in a sling for 2 months and was unable to workout. IT SUCKED!!! But, just get some rest and before you know it, you'll be back to jumping and pumping and vent here as much as you need to. Get well soon.

{{{HUGS}}}}}
Get Well Soon....REST REST REST!!!! The workouts will be there for you when you're able!

Get well soon.... I understand as I am struggling with a lung infection as well. It has really kicked my butt.... but the hardest thing to do is rest. But Im trying to listen....and rest! I just cant wait to feel good again so I can jump back in with my "Cathe" LOL

You need rest while you recover. And your fitness will come back surprisingly quickly. It's doubtful you've lost much at all. I've taken time off from working out at various times for various reasons and I'm always shocked at how fast I can get back to where I was.

Sorry to read that you're not well. :( Hope you are feeling better real soon! Rest up and take extra special care of yourself.

I agree with the others....rest your body!! Mentally it's tough but your body will thank you for it! I've also learned to listen to my body when coming back from illness or injury and take baby steps. You'll get back to where you were in time. Hugs!!!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.