Buff Brides

Pollytc

Cathlete
Has anybody seen the show Buff Brides on FitTV? I just love it. I've seen a few episodes, and the transformation these gals go through in four short months just amazes me. And they are real people with busy lives on top of planning a wedding. It makes me stop and think about if I put full dedication into my eating habits and workouts what I could accomplish.

Kim

Kim,

I love the Buff Brides show. I have seen most of the episodes twice now. They play them on Discovery Health Channel too. I am amazed at the transformations too. I wonder if after the wedding they keep up all the good habits.

Have a great day!!

Beverly

I haven't seen that show yet.I may not even have that channel but it would be nice to watch.
Your post just reminded me of something I said to my friend the other day.I am the only one in my group of friends that lifts weights.Actually I don't even know to many women around here that left at all. Anywayyyyy, she is getting married next year and I am going to be a bridesmaid (again).She is not into the buff look so I told her that I was going to start lifting weights alot so when it is time for her wedding I am going to look like a man.I didn't get the reaction that I thought I was going to get but I still made her squirm alittle.
Lori:)

Just show her how "manly" you will look!!

On a serious note, I love how this show starts off by showing you how they look on day one, mid-way through the process, and then the four month mark. Even those who don't lose a considerable amount of weight, they look so much slimmer and healthier in general! It's amazing.

Now I really wish that got FitTV with my cable! I am just recently engaged (and still giddy as ever) and we are planning to be married in April 2005. I have some SERIOUS fitness goals to reach by then! I love having something to work toward, it gives me more motivation to workout. ;-)

Hey Connie!! I think somebody else on this thread mentioned that they have watched it on the Discovery channel too. So, if FitTV is not an option, maybe you can catch it on the Discovery channel?!?! If you can, it is very inspiring to watch.

Kim

I've seen the show a few times and it's okay. I wish they would spend more time with exact menus and workouts and less time showing how the couples met, the wedding planning etc.

You know what would inspire me further?

buff MOMS.

I mean - planning a wedding was hard work. But NOTHING has been as time-intensive in my life (including grad school, and evening law school, and a job heavy with travel) as raising kids!

Leela

RE: You know what would inspire me further?

Maybe I'm the only one who doesn't like this series?
No offense -- but it seems that they pick a bunch of people who's just never been interested in exercising or healthy eating and for one day -- their wedding day -- they pull their act together. I guess it is better than not doing anything at all, but I'd rather advocate all year - life - around healthy living.

RE: You know what would inspire me further?

I hear you Leela..loud and clear..I have many challenges but raising children takes the cake. You have to become a totally focused on little people and you kinda take a back seat..but so worth it....mommy of 3

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.